Role And Responsibilities
At CAE, we equip people in critical roles with the expertise and solutions to create a safer world. As a technology company, we digitalize the physical world, deploying software-based simulation training and critical operations support solutions. Above all else, we empower pilots, cabin crew, airlines, defence and security forces and healthcare practitioners to perform at their best every day and when the stakes are the highest. Around the globe, we’re everywhere customers need us to be with more than 13,000 employees in approximately 250 sites and training locations in over 40 countries. CAE represents more than 75 years of industry firsts—the highest-fidelity flight, mission and medical simulators and training programs powered by digital technologies. We embed sustainability in everything we do. Today and tomorrow, we’ll make sure our customers are ready for the moments that matter.
Quality and Compliance Leader – Aviation Position
Enables the flight crew training programs are accomplished in accordance with the requirements of the CAE, civil aviation authority of korea (molit) and relevant airline customers.
Responsible to the Centre Lead on quality matters and has access to the Head of Regional Quality Assurance and Compliance Monitoring – Asia on the standardization and development and implementation of Quality System.
The role we are offering you:
Quality Management System:
- Develop, implement, manage, and integrate a Quality Management System at CAE Korea (CFSSK).
- Organize Quarterly Management Review meetings.
- Establish ownership and accountability for quality throughout the organization.
Quality Audit / Certification / Qualification:
- Plan, execute, and report Quality Audits and Compliance Monitoring on ATO and Quality Procedures.
- Maintain Regulatory certification/qualification and audit/compliance with Korea MOLIT’s requirement and other NAAs.
- Ensure compliance with airline customer requirements.
- Manage CAE internal audit/compliance requirements.
- Program, supervise, and record Quality Audits to verify compliance.
- Lead preparation, serve as contact during audits, and resolve open items afterward.
Audits Coordination and Customer Interface:
- Lead or coordinate internal and external audits, acting as the main point of contact.
- Interact with customers to identify improvement opportunities and requirements.
Quality Assurance Activities:
- Establish clear metrics, goals, and plans to meet vision and objectives.
- Manage quality assurance policies, programs, audits, and related activities.
- Collaborate with the training department to exceed customer expectations.
- Monitor training and device qualification compliance.
- Track and evaluate corrective actions from inspections, audits, and evaluations.
- Conduct root-cause analysis and implement process improvements.
- Direct Request for Investigation and Corrective Action processes.
- Maintain and update quality documents and records.
- Design quality training and educate employees on the QMS.
Reporting and Management Interaction:
- Provide management with visibility into Quality Management System performance and improvements.
- Report on quality issues, trends, and non-conformities.
- Offer independent assessments of corrective and preventive actions.
- Risk Management
- Act as the Risk Manager for CAE Korea, ensuring timely mitigation of identified risks.
Our ideal candidate has:
- University bachelor’s degree or higher required - Engineering, Accounting or Aviation designation helpful.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing high performing teams including managing other managers.
- High level of written and oral English / Korean ability.
- Exercise team leadership to motivate internal team members for better performance
- Able to resolve conflicts between departments or individuals
- Deliver clear communication to internal staff and external vendors
- Ownership Stay responsible even under unforeseen circumstances
- Decision Making Able to think flexibly, develop alternative solutions, and handle uncommon problems
- Business Acumen Know the appropriate business tone and manner towards internal and external stakeholders
- an environment where your initiatives will be recognized and valued.
- the opportunity to work on a variety of projects on a multidisciplinary team.
- flexible schedules.
- attractive employee benefits.
Come share your passion with us!
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.