Join us in making vacation dreams come true!
Are yousearchingfor afun, passionate,travel loving team?–Sunwinghas theEPIC work culture you have been searching for.We arecurrentlylookingfor aAirport General Managerto join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Airport General Manager will be responsible for the seamless and efficient performance of Sunwing Airlines at the airport, by leading the Airport Team to focus on service delivery, operational excellence and a strict adherence to safety. The role will report to the Director, Airport Services and be located in Dorval QC, specifically at the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport. Apply now andhaveyour careersoar to new heights -under out wing!
- Great travel perks!
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Growth opportunities
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself!@sunwinglife
What You’ll Do:
- Champion the interests of Sunwing Airlines
- Monitor the performance of the ground handling company and any other contracted services;
- Lead the Airport team with a focus on service delivery, operational excellence and a commitment to safety;
- Enforce and monitor service standards as set out in the Service Level Agreement;
- Participate and represent Sunwing in various Airport committees and working groups;
- Develop strong relationships with government agencies within the airport community;
- Responsible for the management of the budgetary program for the operations at the airport;
- Manage continuous improvement, through company performance management principles;
- Coach, mentor, train and develop staff as required;
- Ensure that the airport team is working in a productive and healthy environment;
- Execution of any special projects given or undertaken;
- Ensure SMS compliance: to investigate, analyze, prevent and communicate results of airport incidents;
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent experience/training;
- At least 10 years of Airport/Airline/Aviation related experience;
- Ability to motivate and develop employees, including giving critical feedback, when necessary;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to monitor performance levels (e.g., productivity levels, staffing levels, budget issues) and take appropriate action;
- Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Network of contacts in the YUL airport community, an asset;
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Experience in managing airport operations for a high-volume airline;
- Possess the ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card.
- Bilingual (French/English)
SunwingTravel Group is the largest vertically integrated travel group in North America and during this unprecedented time, we are continuing to search for top talent. We are looking for candidates who are EPIC (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) to join our team and help deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
Also, learn more about our Safe withSunwingcommitment and howSunwingis keeping its employees and customers safe here: https://rb.gy/havndq
We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
AtSunwing, diversity is important to us, follow this link: https://rb.gy/uqytsl to learn about how Diversity and Inclusion has always been, and continues to be, a top priority for us. We are proud that our workforce is made up of passionate people from all experiences and backgrounds. We are also committed to employment equity and to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. We welcome applications from everyone. We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to thisposition,please firstname.lastname@example.org