People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 250 locations in over 50 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an individual passionate about aviation to further their skills and knowledge as a Passenger Services Operations Officer.
Key duties and tasks will include, but will not be restricted or limited to:
- Monitor radio communication both ground radios and ground to air radios.
- File and storage of flight files and reports both manually and system related.
- Co-ordination of the pre-flight procedures to maintain the highest possible levels of service to client airlines.
- Monitor phone and radio communications including updating the flight information service. Convey and deliver flight documents between the aircraft and appropriate airport facilities.
- Production of all system documentation for each flight and send arrival, departure and post departure messages as per client airline requirements
- Participate in training activities and conduct on the job training as the need arises
- Further duties as listed in the Job Description
What's In It For You
- A growing global company with ongoing career opportunities.
- All training is provided onsite by our qualified trainers, along with on-going staff training and development programs.
- Airport location close to public transport.
- Discounted car parking.
- All uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) provided.
- On-site Physio, complimentary treatments for all team members
- Staff discount on duty-free items in the staff store, including cologne/perfume, wine and spirits, make up.
- Above industry standard for remuneration
- Excellent communications/interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS office (particular Excel and Outlook are essential).
- Strong numerical and analytical abilities.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Sound understanding of airline systems including DCS (Departure Control Systems) and/or the ability to acquire new knowledge quickly.
- High understanding levels of aviation operational requirements (desired).
- Wide-body aircraft Weight and Balance experience (desired).
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please feel free to contact the hiring manager below, if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
The closing date for submissions is 5pm Sunday 1 October 2023