- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Agile working
- Be part of a growing team!
About the role
Reporting to the Trade Control Manager, the Trade Control Officer will support the application and implementation of export control compliance obligations. This includes ensuring compliance with all company import and export control policies and procedures and compliance with relevant export control laws and regulations from around the world, with particular focus on the US International Trade of Arms Regulations (ITAR).
You will provide export compliance expertise to support business development and project management activities and monitor access controls for all export controlled technology used by the business units. You will also ensure that all projects and support functions strictly comply with requirements of US (ITAR, EAR), UK, Australian and all other export control rules and regulations, co-ordinate and forward licence applications, provide export compliance expertise to support business development and project management activities and support all internal stakeholders by evaluating compliance and export controls.
Whilst we offer flexible working arrangements, we would require the successful applicant to travel to Sydney regularly.
You will preferably come from an Engineering or Project Management background with excellent knowledge and understanding of Australian, UK and US export controls. You will ideally have supporting tertiary qualifications within an associated discipline and possess an excellent interpersonal and analytical skill set. You will be a confident team player that has a passion for identifying and driving change, have exceptional time management and organisational experience coupled with an ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work load and timeframes with a strong attention to detail.
Additionally, to be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary education in a relevant degree such as Engineering or Law is preferred;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- High level computer skills and a proven ability to adapt and learn new systems and processes quickly;
- Positive approach to continuous improvement and change management.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Baseline Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req # SF53600