Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Warrington, Cheshire or Moor Row, Cumbria + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53549
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Business Development Manager at our Warrington or Moor Row site.
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will proactively support Cavendish in maintaining a leading role in the market across a host of developments within the Nuclear industry (Civil Decommissioning, Defence and Clean Energy.)
Day to day, you’ll identify and develop future business growth opportunities for the Cavendish Nuclear business, while also assisting the Business in protecting existing revenues.
- Be responsible for maintaining a healthy pipeline of opportunities and develop them from prospects to tender adhering to all governance requirements.
- Understand market trends and gather market intelligence.
- Act as the customer representative with an ability to analyse complex client needs and determine a suitable response.
- Actively focused on achieving results and objectives and willing to be accountable.
This is a full-time, hybrid role based in Warrington, Cheshire or Moor Row, Cumbria (with the expectation to be on client meetings/in office 2-3 days.)
Essential experience of the Business Development Manager:
- A well-established customer network across the nuclear sector, with the ability to expand within existing and establish new clients bases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to communicate confidently at all levels, with a proven track record in delivering new growth opportunities and partnering strategies through building trust and relationships with other companies and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in the use of influencing and negotiating skills.
- Positive, professional, with the ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and environment, whilst maintaining a non-confrontational demeanour
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager:
- We value difference and we don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 02/09/2023