About the Role
Babcock, a global leader in pioneering innovation, efficiency, and security within High Frequency military communications, is actively seeking an Integration Verification and Validation Engineer to join our exceptional team!
In this pivotal role, you will assume responsibility for the comprehensive planning, documentation, execution, and reporting of System-level Integration and Testing for the upgraded Enhanced Defence High Frequency Communications System (EDHFCS).
The primary objective of these System-level Integration and Testing endeavours is to validate the flawless installation and performance of the EDHFCS under varying load conditions. Additionally, it involves confirming adherence to documented Use Cases and ensuring the correct functioning of interfacing sub-systems and external systems. The outcomes of System-level Integration and Testing will provide crucial Objective Quality Evidence (OQE), ultimately leading to the commencement of JP9101 Acceptance Test activities.
What you will bring to the role
- Recognised Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Experience as an Engineer, ideally in Integration and Test or V&V.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering “V” model.
- Understanding of the role of Integration, Test, Verification and Validation in the Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Proven ability to work with supporting technologies, examples include Microsoft Office products, simulation environments, analysis tools, change control and management, workflow tools and modelling tools.
- Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an NV1 security clearance.
- Previous experience or knowledge of communications or radio frequency components or systems.
- Previous experience working in Defence under an ASDEFCON engagement. (Desirable)
What we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We offer flexible working arrangements where possible to help employees find the right balance between work and home life;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day.
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,600 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy.
Some of the programs our team across Australia and New Zealand are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about Babcock visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, due to the defence orientation of this role, the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain NV1 Security Clearance, as defined in the AGSVA guidelines.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant