Job Title: Service Support Desk Operator
Location: Chatham, Kent + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Fixed Term Cover – 12 Months
Role ID: SF53662
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Service Support Desk Operator, at our Chatham site.
As a Service Support Desk Operator, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll provide essential support to the RSME sites.
Day to day, you’ll carry out Motor Transport and Accommodation Booking Services, utilising the designated tool, as well as the IFS Call Centre Module of IFS.
- Accurately record and assess the availability of assets using defined contractual data tables and IFS Call Centre.
- Accurately records and manage complaints, in conjunction with the defined process and to required timescales.
- Advise customers of solutions and/or resolutions / delivery timescales.
- Provide feedback to customers on progress of outstanding calls and cases and advise when solutions and/or delivery timescales are changed.
This is full-time, on-site role based in Chatham, Kent.
Essential experience of the Service Support Desk Operator:
- Experience of working within a service desk/call centre or security environment.
- Experience in the use of call logging and associated ERP systems.
- Customer Service experience and exposure to Customer Services.
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualifications for the Service Support Desk Operator:
- Educated to 5 GCSEs level or equivalent (including English & Maths)
- Full clean driving license.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC (can start on BPSS) security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 02/10/2023