Job Title: Senior Business and Systems Analyst
Location: Leicester, Bristol or Plymouth + Hybrid Working
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53434
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Business and Systems Analyst at our Leicester, Bristol or Plymouth office.
As a Senior Business and Systems Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of defence projects utilising your knowledge and experience whilst developing new skills relating to the industry.
You will report to the Business Analyst Manager and work within a team that is keen to see you grow from strength to strength, committed to developing your career from the outset.
You will be supported throughout your journey at Babcock, and with an assigned mentor will have monthly support sessions to assess your skills whilst enabling to create a development plan providing you with a clear career progression. Additionally, you will gain exposure on various interesting projects such as working with future submarines for the Royal Navy.
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for leading medium to large scale projects within a variety of transformation programmes delivering solutions for all aspects of complex asset management.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Delivering detailed requirements, solutions and functional specifications
- Developing strong customer relationships based on confidence and trust
- Supporting a programme’s deployed services, providing detailed advice regarding applications and execution of specialised tasks
- Supporting the bid process and response to customer Statement of Work (contribution to Data Item Descriptions, budget, schedule)
This role is full-time, 36-hours per week offering a hybrid working arrangement allowing you to work from home 3 days per week and the remaining 2 day in the office. Occasionally you may be expected to come into the office more often, dependant on project work and customer needs.
Essential experience of the Senior Business & Systems Analyst:
- Proven track record of Business Analyst experience
- Detailed requirements capture and requirements management.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) within waterfall and agile software delivery projects.
- Modelling business and information systems – using appropriate notation within the context of structured Architecture Frameworks (e.g. Archimate, BPMN, TOGAF, NAF, etc).
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to achieve BPSS and SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 29/09/2023