Infrastructure Projects Team Manager
Derby / Hybrid - 3 days on-site
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Projects Team Manager to join the site professional services team based full-time within the Rolls-Royce Submarines business.
In this role you will lead the Intermediate Projects service line, accountable for infrastructure projects ranging from £50k to £5m. A wide variety of projects are covered under the infrastructure umbrella, from small scale refurbishments to multi-layered construction or infrastructure projects.
You will be responsible for ensuring processes are optimised to support the unfolding programme of works; reviewing all aspects of the delivery approach, having evaluated data to extrapolate themes to form the basis of a targeted continuous improvement programme to be executed at pace.
This role provides a unique opportunity to influence and shape the way Infrastructure projects are delivered for the Submarines business against the backdrop of a large-scale programme, which itself is part of an exciting, and nationally significant programme.
You will lead a team of Rolls-Royce employees and specialist external resources who guide the project delivery on behalf of the business. You will work closely with key Rolls-Royce Submarines business areas, taking accountability for all Infrastructure project activity, ensuring close alignment and full collaboration with internal customers.
Based full time at Rolls-Royce Submarines at our Raynesway site, you will form part of the ‘Buildings & Infrastructure’ leadership team. Periodically you will be required to participate in wider themes and initiatives we undertake in support of the Submarines business.
Work with us and we’ll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and remarkable benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. Hybrid working is a way in which our people can balance their time between the office, home or another remote location. It’s a locally coached and flexed informal discretionary arrangement. As a minimum we’re all expected to attend the workplace for collaboration and other specific reasons, on average three days per week.
What you will be doing:
- Embedded within the customer organisation and associated functions to drive deep understanding of requirements and drive collaborative approaches.
- Guidance of all Intermediate project activities and associated governance, at site level, ensuring adherence to corporate, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Timely delivery of key components of project business cases, including inputs from external construction services providers.
- Monitor performance across the Intermediate project’s delivery team and, when required, move periodic evaluation and propose changes / improvements.
- Shape delivery approach (for example supply chain structure, contracting methodology, governance interfaces, intermediate project team project structure) to ensure it effectively supports the aspiration and needs of the overall programme.
- Engage regularly with stakeholders and to understand requirements and provide the required service.
Who we are looking for:
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These values form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Recent senior level and relevant experience in delivering multi-layered construction and/or infrastructure programmes/projects in a highly regulated industry.
- Supporting and managing multi-layered project teams comprising supply chain partners as well as in-house resources originating from a corporate matrix organisation, and confirmed ability to scrutinise provisions of professional services and construction contracts.
- You will be qualified to degree level, or have equivalent industry experience, and ideally will be member, or working towards membership of a professional project body, such as the APM, or PMI.
- Experience of working with NEC ECC contracts (3 or 4) is essential, and an NEC ECC Project Manager accreditation is highly desirable.
- Robust knowledge of statutory, regulatory and industry requirements of duty holders with emphasis on Client’s obligations throughout the construction process in general.
- Excellent skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels including senior business leadership.
- Ideally holding (or capable of obtaining) full UK Government Security Clearance (SC), Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance, provided they meet all other requirements for this role.
- Demonstrate behaviours and guidance to inspire trust and build positive relationships and provide support to wider team members in pursuit of delivery excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse team and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at Our people | Rolls-Royce
Closing date: 2nd October 2023
22 Sept 2023; 00:09