Job Title: Inventory Management Support
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
Job Code: CS20231409-106082
L3Harris Corporation is seeking an Inventory Management Support D to support the MET Depot. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help to grow our Global Communication Systems sector.
- Responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks supporting the shipping, receiving, storing, tracking inventory, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
- Within parameters, determines packaging, routing, and arrangements for shipments, considering such factors as nature of items being shipped, method of handling, size, and urgency. May reroute shipments of an urgent nature or arrange for special delivery at destination. Prepares and maintains records of products shipped and tracks shipments.
- Receives incoming materials, unpacks, and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications. Maintains records, packing sheets, and other documents. Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Will utilize computer MRP system to track inventory levels, input data, run reports, create packing slips and pick lists, and perform inventory cycle counts.
- Operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, tow motors, forklifts, etc. upon receipt of internal certification.
- Knowledge of material handling practices / procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum 2 years of prior related experience.
- Prior experience working in a AS9100/ISO9001 environment.
- Previous experience dealing with ITAR regulations.
- Prior experience working inventory management within a defense contractor manufacturing environment.
- Forklift certification.