The MCC Duty Engineer – Technical Services coordinates the daily operations and liaises closely with airframe/powerplant OEMS handling technical queries to return the aircraft to service safely and efficiently. He/she provides reports on the daily operation, delays, fleet status including Structures defects, Delay/Event reports
Review Structural Damage Repair Record (SDRR) and verify that damages are correctly assessed, controlled in the Maintenance Information System and terminating repairs are performed.
• Deliver Engineering support for all structural damages and repairs to Line/Light/Heavy Maintenance and Outstations.
• Deliver 365/24/7 Structure support in responding to and endorsing EQNs (Engineering Query Notes).
• Deliver the aircraft repair record (Aircraft and Component), Aircraft Dent and Buckle Chart (ADBC) and ensure they are complete and correct to support the Aircraft ARC (Aircraft Airworthiness Certificate) renewal process.
• Liaise with OEM’s for all Structural Repairs and defect management repair. Support the warranty department with Engineering information to support insurance or warranty claims.
• Performs the overall coordination of technical issues/problems received by phone call or radio call. Guides and supports the line maintenance staff in the daily operation to assure that the most efficient course of action is taken to provide a safe and serviceable fleet on time
• Ensures that all work performed is completed in accordance with Etihad’s processes, procedures and is done in a safe manner to the highest possible standards.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma is required, university or Technical degree with background on Aircraft Maintenance or similar Engineering field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of Aircraft Structure repair and maintenance experience.
- Must possess excellent communication and computer skills
- Experience working within a maintenance control environment is a plan.
- Evaluate Structural defects and coordinate with OEM for aircraft release/dispensation.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com