- At Qantas, we strive to achieve the impossible, transforming our business to meet future demands
- Challenge yourself to make an impact and take an opportunity to grow and diversify your career
- 2 Year Fixed Contract based at our Mascot Campus
Today, we’re busy planning for tomorrow. We look to the future to guide the way we innovate, helping us stay relevant and responsive in an unpredictable industry. We’ve always been pioneers, and we’re proud to see that spirit in our people. Our resilience has helped us through good and tough times, and it still drives us to keep pushing the challenging expectations today.
The Senior Property Development Manager is responsible for leading and establishing the strategic direction, leadership and management of the Qantas Property Development Team. The role is responsible for the consolidation, transformation and implementation of the Qantas Property strategic plan across the company global property portfolio, over 2million SQM across 100 locations. This includes preparing and presenting both written and verbal presentations to senior executive management of the company on the property portfolio and project health.
As a Senior Property Development Manager, you will be managing the Property Development Managers within the Property Development team to ensure they continue to grow and develop, while delivering projects on behalf of the company, on time, within budget, delivered safely and to recognised best practice standards, meeting the business unit requirements. The position manages external professional consultants on the delivery, governance and financial control of projects and negotiates with airport owners/operators on the provision of operational facilities and accommodation for use by the airline.
The Property Development team plays a key role by providing comprehensive property project management services within the Qantas Group, across the entire project life cycle ranging from fit outs to new buildings. The team works closely with a broad range of stakeholders and end users to deliver property solutions supporting all facets of the business to meet constantly evolving operational requirements and to assist the organisation in providing a premium Customer experience.
You’ll have –
- 8+ years’ experience
- Tertiary Qualifications/ bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience with contracting and supplier management e.g. sourcing, negotiating, risk minimisation
- Project management skills with exposure to project and/or development methodologies
- Strong understanding of financial evaluation principles and techniques
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment, with a willingness and ability to increase knowledge base
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects, effectively priorities and work to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills(including presentation skills)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of computer-based systems and databases
- Strong written skills supported by rigorous documentation and records keeping
- Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage others
- Provide leadership to the team
- Free to act on strategic operational business projects and management of these.
- Recommendations for capital expenditure.
- Develop solutions to operational problems and opportunities and implement change
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 14 weeks paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional paid leave for eligible employees.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. By coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
If you’re ready for a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application today
Applications close: 2nd October 2023
Please note: applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.