- At Qantas, we strive to achieve the impossible, transforming our business to meet future demands
- Challenge yourself to make an impact to this exciting new role and take an opportunity to grow and diversify your career
- Permanent full time position based at our Mascot headquarters, Sydney
Today, we’re busy planning for tomorrow. We look to the future to guide the way we innovate, helping us stay relevant and responsive in an unpredictable industry. We’ve always been pioneers, and we’re proud to see that spirit in our people. Our resilience has helped us through good and tough times, and it still drives us to keep pushing the challenging expectations today.
As an Occupational Health Programs Manager, you will be responsible for the design, delivery and governance of critical Occupational Health programs enabling the Qantas Group to meet relevant regulatory requirements and manage Occupational Health risk across the global employee population. The role requires expertise in managing stakeholder expectations, and leading cross functional teams to deliver on projects with the various business units across the Qantas Group.. This position will also provide specialist clinical occupational health advice and expertise to the business on a case by case basis on individual employee health concerns. This will principally be in cases where the Group are supporting Fitness for Work in safety critical operational roles, or determining suitability for employment in these areas.. The role will work side by side with the rest of our specialist medical team delivering aviation and occupational health advice to the Group, including for time critical operational considerations.
You’ll have –
- 5+ years postgraduate clinical nursing experience within a broad range of areas, and at least 2 years’ experience in an Occupational Health role with Health program management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing/Registered Nurse with a Post graduate qualification in Occupational or aviation health, or health and safety (or working towards)
- Occupational health experience preferably from within a safety critical organisational environment
- Excellent and confident verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent health leadership skills-program management and people management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting and diverse business objectives
- Ability to be adaptable and confident in a fast-paced operational environment
- Highly proficient IT skills-especially excel, PowerPoint, power BI, project management software
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 18 weeks paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional paid leave for eligible employees.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. By coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
(Internal) We’re committed to helping you build your career. With the support of your manager, let’s start a conversation about making your next move.
(External) If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Applications close: Monday, 2nd October 2023
Please note: applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia / New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.