The Director, Customer Support Center guides all functions of the Avelo Customer Support Center to provide exceptional experiences for Customers communicating with Avelo’s call center seeking reservations, information, assistance, and issue resolution. This includes the Customer Care and Voice of the Customer functions and serves as the DOT required Chief Customer Resolution officer for ADA compliance.
- Establish Customer Support (call center) business objectives and oversee all aspects of the Customer Support Center to create and deliver exceptional Customer experiences that drive Customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- This includes hiring, training, coaching and leading call center managers, supervisors and team leads as they provide support for Customers and their agents.
- Creates an environment that values all Crewmembers and provides opportunities for individual growth and advancement while inspiring excellence.
- Drive operational excellence by analyzing call center data to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated and to maximize team efficiency.
- Drive continuous improvement by addressing Customer issues, concerns and trends by identifying root cause and corrective/mitigation actions.
- Promote continuous improvement by seeking and implementing industry leading technology, tools and processes to support exceptional Customer experiences.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination among all departments including Airports, Inflight, Flight Ops, Tech Ops to identify improvement opportunities and influence actions.
- Manage the administrative aspects of the Customer Support function including but not limited to; cost control, productivity, time-keeping standards and reporting.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Call Center Operations experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven management experience with direct reports, preferably in the airline industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Functional knowledge of airline reservation platforms and systems, process flow, telephony, CRM tools, technology, and all processes within a call center environment.
- Ability to interpret analytical data and lead corrective actions as required.
- Ability to identify concerns or patterns and effectively problem solve while driving for excellence.
- Strong and affective leadership, mentoring and coaching skills with the ability to motivate and develop crewmembers to support their engagement, growth, and goal achievement.
- Exceptional interpersonal, Customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate to influence performance.
- Independent judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure, especially during peak hours or intense situations.
- Flexible schedule to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be located in/near Houston, TX or willing to relocate to Houston, TX.
- You are a team player – at Avelo we succeed as “One Crew.”
- You have uncompromising integrity – at Avelo we “Do the Right Thing.”
- You work fast and get stuff done – we are growing fast and seek fellow Crewmembers who thrive in a dynamic and high-velocity startup environment.
- You are hungry and humble – you are never content with your big wins and share our belief that excellence is a never-ending journey of continuous learning and improvement.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technical developments)