The Guest Service Operations Controller will report to the Operations Supervisor and will be responsible for critical functions within the Operations team related to supporting and elevating the Guest Experience in key strategic locations and will be the primary point of station contact for Guest Solutions and Recovery (GSAR).
- Primary contact for GSAR
- Monitor guest connections and communicate potential challenges to all stakeholders
- Communicate directly with Ramp Coordinator to coordinate efficient guest and bag movement
- Re-accommodate IROP guests (flight, accommodations, meal, and transportation)
- Wheelchair coordination
- Monitoring changes to the Passenger Load Manifest and communicating discrepancies to the Operations Supervisor
- Initiate communication with GSAs and GSSs to ensure operational performance metrics are met
- Strategize with GSAR during irregular operations to provide best possible outcome for our impacted Guests
- Monitoring and providing gate agents with advice regarding downline connections
- Check operational updates email for recent status regarding inoperable items, out of service aircraft, etc.
- Contribute to building a Spirit Strong operation by supporting co-workers in their daily efforts
- Contributes to a strong culture based on safety, integrity, high performance and pride of work
- Track common issues received and collaborates with Operations Supervisor on potential solution
- Assist with station audits and compliance for both internal and external audits
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments)
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred in Aviation related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in an Airport Operations function
- Proficiency in all Ops related tools and software (MC Plot, MC Web, GoNow, Movement Cntrl, etc.)
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Robust analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and implement change
- Comprehensive written and verbal communication, crafting messaging and expressing intent in a powerful and simple manner
- Ability to work under pressure while multitasking
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding of Flight Releases and Fueling Information
- Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
- No travel required
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you did not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members. Overview
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be recognized by LinkedIn as a Top Company in the Travel & Hospitality industry. Our constant growth and improvement mean boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.