Quality Assurance Auditor
Sunwing Vacations Group is home to North America’s largest vacation brands, comprised of the leading Canadian leisure tour operators Sunwing Vacations and WestJet Vacations, along with the growing United States based tour operator Vacation Express, together with the Group’s own travel retail businesses SellOffVacations.com and Luxe Destination Weddings. Our culture is driven by our EPIC Values (entrepreneurial, passionate, innovative, and customer-centric) and our teams work together to deliver our purpose “passionate people making vacation dreams come true”.
Under Sunwing Vacations, We are currentlylooking for a Quality Assurance Auditor to join us in making vacation dreams come true. As the Quality Assurance Auditoryou will Conducts independent evaluations of the Air Operators quality system to determine its degree of adherence to specific criteria and to evaluate the effectiveness of its business processes and works closely with the Flight Operations team to solve quality problems and recommend solutions for continued improvement.The position reports to the Flight Operations Quality Assurance Manager and will be located in Toronto, ON. Apply now and have your career soar to new heights - under our wing!
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct audits of all functions and elements necessary to confirm that the air operator is in
compliance with the applicable regulations and the appropriate approved manuals;
- Conducting sampling or one or more processes to confirm that the air operator is in compliance withthe applicable regulations and the appropriate approved manuals;
- Maintaining audit checklists for all functions controlled by the approved manuals, where havingregard to the size and complexity of the air operator’s activities, checklists will be sufficiently detailedto verify compliance with regulations and standards;
- Conducting activities associated with audit preparation and planning, audit performance, audit
reporting, and audit follow-up and closure in accordance with the procedures outlined in the FlightOperations Manual;
- Facilitating root cause analysis sessions for the purpose of developing effective corrective action
- Delivering Quality Management training (e.g. Root Cause Analysis);
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
•Post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent level of education and experience;
•Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the aviation industry, preferably in one of thefollowing functional areas: Flight Operations, Maintenance & Engineering, In-flight Services; GroundHandling or an equivalent level of experience and education;
•Demonstrated knowledge of auditing principles;
•Demonstrated knowledge in the use of computer applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS
PowerPoint, MS Visio, and MS Access;
•Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills;
•Demonstrated organizational, planning and administrative skills;
•Demonstrated knowledge in data analysis techniques (i.e. statistical methods);
•Effective communication skills (including report writing);
•A good understand of quality management principles;
•A good understanding of safety management principles;
•A good understanding of safety management systems (SMS) for aviation organizations (e.g. Air
Operator and Approved Maintenance Organization)
•Ability to Travel
What We Offer:
- Remote and/or Hybrid Work Opportunities
- Great travel perks!
- Goodlife Corporate Discount
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Growth opportunities
- Free Parking
- Open concept, collaborative workspace
- Fresh Café with delicious snacks and meals at a subsidized price!
- Opportunity to give back through our social responsibility initiatives
- See for yourself!@sunwinglife
Diversity, equity, and inclusion - Diversity makes us EPIC; we strive to foster a culture where employees feel uniquely themselves and part of a team. Violence and harassment prevention and response - We partnered with White Ribbon to help us create a survivor-centric, trauma informed policy and educational programs used by all our divisions.Total wellbeing - Our approach is for holisticopportunities to help employees Be EPIC and Be Well. Learning and development - Our offerings are focused on the development of competencies, personal leadership, and leadership in groups and teams.
We will accommodate all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to thisposition,please firstname.lastname@example.org