Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
This position will start by partnering with the current Manufacturing Engineering (ME) team to understand the build process and quickly transition into authoring manufacturing work instructions for the aircraft assembly and integration. The ME team will then support the initial Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) builds before transitioning to the manufacturing site for on-site support. You will perform the following:
- Apply knowledge of electrical components, interiors, systems integration or structural assembly and installation to collaborate and influence our multidisciplinary Product Design Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and Facilities teams in the development of a new eVTOL aircraft
- Use your knowledge of industry standard components to develop the manufacturing Build Plan (line layout, manufacturing work instructions, part flow, tools, equipment, precedence network, testing processes, etc.)
- Develop and author detailed manufacturing work instructions for structural assembly, interiors integration, or systems installation
- Support the manufacturing shop floor through Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA), red line activities, process improvements, and flow reduction activities
- Drive the Design for Manufacturability efforts with the product design team
- Develop and implement cost effective and improved processes for Lean production and tooling methodologies
- Work in a fast paced and flexible environment
- Willingness to look for alternative solutions and come up with improvements for the installation
- Planning of workflow, workflow utilization, layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Perform technical data analysis related to product workflow, manpower forecasting, and manufacturing performance
- Design of tools and fixtures to aid the manufacturing processes
- Develop specification for tooling and automation equipment
- Implement process control plans to ensure process capability
- Oversee Final Acceptance Testing of manufacturing equipment
- Conduct process failure mode and analysis (PFMEA) for the production system
- Support supply chain development and procurement
- Support first unit builds and testing of the production system
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in aircraft or automotive structural or systems manufacturing
- Manufacturing Work Instruction developing experience
- Understanding of design for manufacturing, lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Siemens NX/Teamcenter/EasyPlan experience
- Demonstrated experience in statistical process control and GD&T
- Experience developing production lines from prototype to mass production
- FAR 23 experience
- Part 21 experience
- Working under an FAA Production Certificate
- Standing up a new production facility
- Experience in automation and robotics
- Willing to work alternative shifts
- San Jose, California
- This role will move to Covington, Georgia in 2024 to support launching our high volume manufacturing facility
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications. This position will be located in San Jose, CA for 9 - 12 months then relocate to Covington, GA.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $93,840 - $110, 400. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to provide a safe workplace and a safe aircraft. This is a safety sensitive designated role. Employment in safety sensitive positions is contingent on successful passage of a background check and is subject to pre-employment and random drug screening.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.