There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we strive to provide only the best travel experiences – to our customers and our clients. Our Sales team works closely with travel agencies, United travel departments, corporate clients and more to provide phenomenal customer solutions that lead to fruitful business relationships. And through valued customer feedback, optimized partnerships, and innovative sales strategies, Sales continues to be the largest revenue-generating department at United.Key Responsibilities
- Implements United’s global market strategy for the managed line of businesses and customer segments in the region, with specific focus on the execution of United’s value based selling proposition
- Oversees the managed, assigned portfolio of accounts in the region and tailored business partnership programs leading
- Has a strong strategic business development focus, with the objective to advance United’s sales coverage footprint in the region and support focus routes
- Responsible for the achievement of United’s defined key success measurements, such as revenue and distribution efficiency
- Works closely with United’s airline partners in the region, for the benefit of our joint customers
- Is a strong brand ambassador for United, and in concert with peers from other functional disciplines, promotes United within the business community and with the public
- Plays a key role in government and industry relations and serves as United’s senior leader for the region
- Partners and coordinates regional activities with numerous functional leaders at WHQ, including Network, Legal, HR, PRM and Government Affairs etc. as the primary advocate and expert on the region
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and measurement of the sales strategies for the division; and continuously assessing competition & marketplace risks and revising tactics as appropriate
- Maintain healthy, visible, and productive relationships with key distributors, corporate and civic customers within the division, and effectively coordinate with Star Alliance partners
- Liaison between the division and key headquarter departments like Network, Legal, HR, Finance, Government affairs and other departments
- Employee development/mentoring to further develop offshore leadership and increase skills to make United a stronger competitor
This position may be located in either the United States, Mexico, or Brazil.
US candidates please apply on requisition WHQ00022769
International candidates in Mexico and Brazil, this position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
This role will require up to 50% international travel.
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!Qualifications
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of relevant work experience
- 10+ years travel sales management experience
- 5-7 years’ experience leading others in ensuring the team is equipped with the knowledge, tools, processes, and coordination to deliver against business goals
- Proven ability to negotiate and maintain strong business relationships including building partnerships and customer loyalty
- Ability to create the vision and global market strategy for our airline partners to meet business objectives.
- Strong communication and analytical ability skills
- Demonstrated general eye for business and financial competence
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in Mexico or Brazil for any employer without sponsorship
- Must hold a valid passport and if applicable hold a valid U.S. Visa to travel to the U.S. for meetings and training
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master's degree
- Sales, finance, PRM, customer service and Marketing experience
- Ten years airline management including sales/marketing
- Fluent in Portuguese a plus
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT MEX00000251