The Data Engineer III ensures application of systems thinking principles, allowing team members to independently design, code, test, and deploy software. Provide the necessary documentation to support the software Development Life Cycle. Develop prototypes and solutions leveraging a diverse range of technology. Apply modern principles, methodologies, tools, and systemic processes to support the launch new business capabilities.
This position will be responsible for….
Additional InformationPosting Date:
- Spotfire & Tibco Data Virtualization administration and Systems support.
- configuring and administering Spotfire Server components TIBCO Spotfire, Application Data Services and Automation Services.
- Managing and Migration of Spotfire contents, Security Setup, designing Information Links, setting up licenses and preferences
- Deploying Spotfire Packages and upgrade
- OS level patching to ensure the systems are InfoSec compliant.
- Respond to complex, escalated customer inquiries/requests for technical/operational support.
- Resolve complex technical matters to meet service level agreements.
- Analyze and/or implement corrective action for root cause analysis/fixes or corrective action of defects.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor or specialist.
- Point of contact for higher level or complex issues and will work with senior levels for resolution.
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
- Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and over all 8+ years of IT experience and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Skills/Knowledge required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding in the following areas: Administration of BI tools such as Spotfire, Power BI, Tibco Data Virtualization
- Experience configuring and administering Spotfire Server components TIBCO Spotfire, Application Data Services and Automation Services
- Should be familiar with Spotfire Administrative tasks, installation/configuration of servers and clients.
- Hot Fix Upgradations, Users, and group permissions
- Experience in user training, resolving day to day issues and coordination with software vendor technical support.
- Experience working in shifts and providing production support for BI & ETL tools.
- Expert in the creation of dashboards, reports, information links, and teaching users how to do so
- Proficiency with Linux & Windows Administration.
- Knowledge of Postgres, MS SQL, Synapse, Oracle Databases versions Oracle; Programming using SQL and PL/SQL
- Should be able to massage data to make it accessible to Spotfire; Also, do some source-system analysis and write queries to create input tables for Spotfire.
- Experience in developing and implementing reports, dashboards & visualizations, and Ability to optimize dashboards with huge volume of data.
- Spotfire professionals who can Design & build the data logic, information data model and interfaces for Spotfire dashboards.
- Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment.
- Information model creation and Advanced Reporting & Performance Optimization Experience.
Data acquisition and manipulations skills in SQL-compliant or other data sources.
- Design Spotfire reports using in-Memory, In-DB, OnDemand or hybrid approach to provide a scalable and efficient reports.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you!