As a member of a dynamic sales team, the sales professional is responsible for new business development, account implementation, and maintaining and deepening customer relationships within a defined geographic territory. Provides face-to-face customer contact in an assigned market based geographic territory to achieve personal and company sales goals in a fast-paced environment for small to mid-sized customers. Living within a reasonable commuting distance of the assigned territory is a requirement for this role.
Accountabilities and Tasks:
Domicile / Work Location:
- Develops new business by identifying potential new customers and growing revenue, conducting background research on potential customers, discussing the customer’s supply chain with decision makers and other appropriate customer representatives, analyzing customer needs, and developing and implementing value-added solutions.
- Maintains existing business by developing an understanding of the customer’s business and supply chain through research and customer interaction, analyzing customer needs and developing and implementing solutions.
- Coordinates and collaborates with internal teams, such as sales counterparts as well as other internal partners to provide a seamless and outstanding customer experience.
- Regularly engages with customers to ensure customer understanding of FedEx services and to maximize customer utilization of FedEx services.
- Fosters an outstanding customer relationship by providing regular business reviews, entertaining customers, and developing solutions, exhibiting outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and learning the customer’s business.
- Mid-level negotiation skills needed to offer fair, competitive market-based pricing within parameters set by FedEx. Will occasionally need to negotiate strategic pricing for select customers.
- Leverages new and existing technology tools such as internal systems, mobile devices, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates initiative, organization, discipline, and adaptability while working in a team environment.
- Due to the collaborative nature of the role, there is a strong desire to have the selected candidate located in Elmhurst, IL. This location offers a hybrid work environment that supports in-person collaboration through onsite Team Days but allows team members flexibility to primarily work from home the rest of the time.
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor's degree/equivalent or four (4) years of business-to-business sales experience or two (2) years of FedEx business-to-business sales experience required. Ability to travel overnight as required.Additional Information
Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00pm CST) on the date below. If the date below is blank, there is no specified closing date for this requisition.Job Posting End Date:
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth's most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders, new markets and fair, sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on, mobile-first world. We stand for ease, access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation, champion entrepreneurs, advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers, a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 530,000 employees to remain focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully, with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- FORTUNE Magazine: No. 18 among “World’s Most Admired Companies” (2023)
- Newsweek Magazine: One of “America’s Most Responsible Companies” (2023)
- Forbes Magazine: One of “Americas Best Large Employers” (2023)
- Newsweek Magazine: One of "America’s Greatest Work Places for Diversity" (2023)
- FORTUNE Magazine: One ofthe “Blue Ribbon Companies” that appears on 4+ Fortune Annual Award Rankings (2023)
- FreightWaves: #1 Among the “Top 500 For-Hire Carriers” (2023)
- FreightWaves:Freight-Tech 25 Award, honoring innovation and disruption within the freight industry (2023)
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, FedEx Services is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.