ORGANIZATION/ MAIN INTERFACES
The Airspace Project Manager (PM) reports functionally to the Head of Services Delivery, located in Toulouse, France, and operationally to the Head of Flight Operations Support, located in Beijing, China. The team is providing Air Traffic Management (ATM) consulting and services to optimise Airlines flight operations and increase Airspace or Airport capacity.
He/she coordinates a multifunctional project team composed of Product Managers and Subject Matter Experts (NAVBLUE), aircraft experts (Airbus), expert consultants, pilots and subcontractors (external) or partners (international aviation companies).
He/she will work with Airlines’ departments involved (Flight Ops, Training, Engineering…), Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), Air Navigation Services Providers (ANS) in a global environment driven by air traffic efficiency, capacity and safety.
• Ensure the contract implementation on time, on quality and on budget
o Stakeholders management
o Right First Time for all deliverables
o Risk and Cost Management (Project P&L)
The Airspace Project Manager is responsible to manage execution of a set of projects worldwide after hand-over from sales and to ensure commitments are met in terms of timing, quality and budget. Examples of projects are: implementation of PBN flight procedures, complete Airspace redesign, support to operational approval, etc.
He or she is knowledgeable about the different disciplines and sub-products involved in the subject matter and will be asked to evolve towards an additional role of specialist (focal point) for some subjects (or sub-product manager) which are shared in the team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Lead and manage the project implementation from beginning to end
• Operationally manage a transversal team (pilot, flight procedure designers, aircraft performance engineers, Air traffic controllers and various Subject Matter experts)
• Interface with the customer (requires international travel)
• Ensure that the NAVBLUE product related processes are used during project delivery
• Be the first point of contact for customer
• Organise and/or participate and/or deliver presentations to the customer.
• Collect and provide to the Product Manager feedback on project implementation (lessons learnt) and propose continuous improvement of his/her product (process, methodology, templates used )
• Collect and provide to the Sales and Marketing team feedback on project implementation vs. contract
• Manages several projects per year
• Aeronautical background with experience in the commercial aviation industry and/or Air Traffic Management domain and/or flight operations.
• Applicants are expected to have a technical background in navigation functions or in aircraft operations.
• Experience in project management (Stakeholders and suppliers management, Risk and cost management as well as project governance)
• Strong international network and understanding of Air Navigation Services domain is a plus
• Knowledge of aircraft performance is a plus (aircraft or helicopters of any manufacturer)
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills (Strong coordination and relational skills needed to deal with customers and authorities)
• Customer service oriented.
• Entrepreneurial & business minded
• Ability to work within a small and reactive team.
• Willingness to work with a flexible schedule including travel.
• Self-motivated in developing understanding of technical subjects.
• Team Spirit
• Excellent organisation skills
• Negotiation level in English
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus (China) Enterprise Management and Services Co.Limited
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.