Org Marketing Statement
PARKER CHOMERICS is a global supplier of EMI shielding, thermal interface materials, plastics and optical products. We offer a worldwide network of applications engineering support, manufacturing facilities, and sales offices. With stocking and fabrication on five continents, our products are available anytime, anywhere.
With Headquarters in Woburn, MA, Parker Chomerics is part of a global Fortune 500 company but has a small company feel. We thrive on high performance teams that are empowered to make decisions on both a big and small scale. We strive to make a positive impact on the lives of our employees by establishing an inclusive, caring and friendly work environment. We encourage the continued education and skill development of our teams and offer advancement opportunities at a global division. If you’re looking for a fast paced, collaborative environment where you can be at the cutting edge of engineering solutions, look no further.
PARKER CHOMERICS is seeking an experienced, hands-on “can-do” Digital & IT Senior Analyst to handle our IT Infrastructure Administration. The Digital & IT Senior Analyst reports to the EMG Site Support IT Manager. This is a high visibility position with significant project management responsibilities, technical skills requirements, and frequent interaction and consultation with our user community. This is an all-encompassing IT role that requires supporting many areas of IT in a fast-paced, exciting, product-oriented environment. You will be working on a variety of projects to support our product development, business, and manufacturing operations and will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from peers at other Parker locations and at our corporate datacenter. Our team members would agree that there is plenty of opportunity here!
This position is part of a remote and local IT team that provides network, security, server, telephone, and deskside support for approximately 400 users at 3 locations and a larger virtual team that encompasses support for many locations across the US. This position works closely with the corporate IT team with projects, standards, and leveraged support.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for resolving incidents and fulfilling requests of varying degrees of complexity at Parker’s Chomerics facilities, managing the compute environment at each location, including: deployment, management, documentation, and problem solving. Good collaboration, technical, resource management, investigative, and interpersonal communication skills are vital to success in this position.
- Triaging incoming incidents and requests to determine appropriate priority utilizing ITIL based prioritization methods.
- Troubleshooting and identifying resolution of incidents reported by team members in the sites you support.
- Lead large infrastructure improvement projects, such as hardware/software installation or upgrades, migration to cloud services, OT and IoT network segmentation, or installation of new technology.
- Communicate project status to key personnel including project stakeholders, decision makers, sponsors, and project team members on a periodic basis.
- Provide monthly management reporting on the status of all projects.
- Provide an effective project close/transition at the completion of the scope of projects.
- Provide day to day technical support for various hardware and software required to support the business, including switches, LAN, WAN, wireless networks, backup systems, and servers.
- Provide 2nd level technical support for all technical issues.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with users with varied levels of technical expertise.
- Provide technical leadership for assessment and implementation of new technology to support the business, in compliance with corporate policies.
- Improve, and develop IT procedures as required for all ITIL IT Service Management practices including, but not limited to, Incident, Request, Change, and Problem Management.
- Network disaster recovery planning, documentation, training, and periodic testing per corporate requirements.
- Prepare budgets for various IT capital and expense initiatives.
- Develop detailed task lists, timelines, and resource budgets to complete projects. Align resources to tasks to accomplish projects.
- Manage maintenance contracts and providers of outsourced services, deploy equipment, and recommend, plan, and oversee periodic equipment refresh.
- Actively encourages the development and mentoring of team members.
- Identify and communicate recommendations for new or improved business systems or services within the Enterprise framework to support the business units.
- Champion and promote the availability and resources of the Enterprise systems and services related to better effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Some travel will be required, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Required
- 4-6+ years related experience in IT Service Desk, Networking, Server support, and Microsoft support required
- Experience supporting client communities of 100 or more team members
- 3-5 years IT project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- ServiceNow experience
- ITIL 4 Foundations certification
- A+ Helpdesk Certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Cisco Certified Technician; expertise in MS Office365, Sharepoint, SQL Server Admin, VMWare, Citrix
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).