Org Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success resulting from that growth.
1. Performs moderately complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools, mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
2. Records test results on data forms using moderately complex electrical equipment and flow measurement devices. May use X‐Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment.
3. Identifies malfunctions disclosed by test data and reworks as instructed.
4. Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
5. Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
6. Performs touch‐up or full surface painting of parts with finishing materials such as paint, lacquer, glaze, etc. Mixes paint and cleans parts.
7. Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for
8. May assist in training less experienced team members.
9. Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
10. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
11. May perform other related responsibilities.
High school diploma or GED required. Two or more years industry related experience in assembly/test in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrate product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
Able to select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment.
Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
Possess strong mechanical reasoning.
Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self‐service to access on‐line information and use specialized automated systems.
May require soldering certification per customer requirements.
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
Conditions of Employment
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders].
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status Required.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf