The Sr. Business Intelligence Data analyst has responsibility for improving data quality and the design and analysis of data quality metrics for Parker’s Corporate Master data, including, but not limited to Parker’s Customer, Distributor, Division, and Product data. Analyzes requests for data and develops solutions to meet requirements of team and other Parker colleagues. Investigates and resolves reporting issues of Parker Distributors and Parker Divisions.
Scope/ Supervision and Interaction
____ Has Direct Reports __X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Cleveland, OH and works in collaboration with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Creates, compiles and interprets key operational and statistical data, analyzes performance metrics, and generates a variety of value-added reports for all customers, including KPI's and critical success factors for both services and processes
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of systemic improvements to processes and data standards to improve the quality of division and distributor reported sales data, customer and product master data, and other master data used throughout the company.
- Analyze and track Data Quality improvement progress and work with BI Team, division and distributors to improve data quality.
- Work with BIDC team to analyze distributor and division reporting issues.
- Maintain up-to-date data for product/part references, coordinating with appropriate division personnel.
- Assist department management as required on projects involving application of automation technologies to department processes.
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting in support of business users.
- Mentor and develop resources on self serve reporting capabilities and interpretation of data to drive sales growth
- Mentor and develop resources on application of tools to drive engagement and visitors to parker.com
- Provide leadership with segmentation analysis for addressable market sizes and opportunity potential
- Present analysis to leadership and key stakeholders for key decision making
- Oversee management and scheduling of analytic requests
- Drive and execute the analytics digital roadmap
- Lead cross divisional project deployments to improve customer relations
- Bachelor degree in applicable field (e.g., Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Physics, Mathematics)
- 2-4 years minimum, 5 years preferred related experience such as data extraction and analytics, data quality, and database relational structures
- Proficient with complex abstract data concepts and large relational and non-relational data
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter able to independently complete tasks accurately and quickly
- Proficient SQL skills for BI report query design
- Proficient query/report writing skills using MS Access(*) and SQL, with a thorough understanding of relational database structure (*) or other recognized reporting tool, such as Crystal Reports, Power BI, or Tableau
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf