Role IntroductionReports to:
Learning Manager – Airport Services
This role is responsible for managing the delivery of learning modules / programmes for Airport Customer Services. Lead, enable and support a team of training professionals to ensure airport customer services staff have the required knowledge, skills and attributes to be safe, operationally competent, service minded and regulatory compliant. The job holder is to manage course content development, updates and evaluations as well as daily operations of the courses. They will work with the digital learning team to transform learning with the adaption of technologies and improve efficiency.
- Manage the deployment and delivery of regulatory, functional, system and service learning modules / programmes for Customer Services, including but not limited to check-in, arrivals, departure boarding, flight supervision, baggage, special and premium services, etc.
- Manage the course training delivery team, including performance reviews and development of trainers (including outport GHA trainers).
- Provide support and guidance to trainers, and oversee their work.
- Ensure that training programmes are effective, aligned with company objectives, meeting regulatory requirements, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Be responsible for course content development, updates and evaluations.
- Evaluate and analyze training needs and learning experience for the Airport Customer Services team, and develop training plans accordingly.
- Manage the daily operations of the courses, including ensuring compliance to policies, procedures and processes.
- Plan and facilitate formal and informal, social and collaborative learning development strategies that are in support of operational and service excellence.
- Collaborate with the digital learning team to design, develop innovative and interactive digital training programmes that are engaging, effective and efficient, such as gamification, micro-learning, virtual reality, argumented reality and simulations.
- Deputise Learning Manager – Airport Services when required
- Degree holder, preferably education / training related discipline
- At least 5 years airport passenger services experience
- Proven Supervisory track record with team leadership experience. 3 years minimum experience required
- In-depth subject matter knowledge in airport above the wing operations; training experience will be advantageous
- Role model of customer service and operational excellence
- Strong personal presence and verbal / non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Sound project management skills with sound analytical skills
- Facilitation skills to deliver learning sessions
- Great team lead and ability to manage trainers
- Embrace learning technology and be a passionate learner
- Willingness to travel extensively
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.