Manufacturing Engineer CAE CAD - Submarines
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer (CAE, CAD) to join Rolls-Royce Submarines.
We’re a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority.
Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
As a CAE CAD Manufacturing Engineer, you will be able to operate as part of a cross-functional team to ensure all technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood to deliver the required design intent.
You will be responsible for creating production drawings for highly complex components working and integrating with Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Inspection and Production.
Using Siemens NX and Teamcenter the CAE CAD Manufacturing Engineer will create Manufacturing Process Models, Stage models and associative geometry required to support production during manufacture, development, and ongoing continuous improvements activities in line with company practices to meet design intent, satisfying fit, form and function of the component whilst optimising for manufacture.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. Hybrid working is a way in which our people can balance their time between the office, home or another remote location. It’s a locally managed and flexed informal discretionary arrangement. As a minimum we’re all expected to attend the workplace for collaboration and other specific reasons, on average three days per week.
What you will be doing:
With this exciting opportunity your main responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, develop, and maintain the master model, definition drawing and relevant documentation in accordance with company procedures, engineering drawing standards, design intent (fit, form, function), manufacturing & build capability.
- Creation of 3D CAD models and 2D drafting of production drawings using Siemens NX.
- Responsible for translation of design ideas into production engineering drawings.
- Producing, modifying, and reviewing engineering drawings using Siemens NX.
- Creation of Manufacturing Process Models in Siemens NX.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineering stakeholders to deliver programme and Method of Manufacture improvements, which will encompass technical continuous improvement opportunities with Operations to improve manufacturing process capability.
Who we’re looking for:
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
To be successful in this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Ideally, you will be a Professionally Qualified Engineer (e.g. UK minimum HND/foundation degree or other national equivalent) or relevant time served experience.
- Proficient in use of Teamcenter, PLM, Siemens NX v7.5 or above, similar levels of experience in other CAD software will also be considered.
- Have appropriate engineering experience in conceptual and detail drafting techniques with a good understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Previous experience using CAD packages to perform design of jigs, fixtures and tooling would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Y14.5M drawing standards would be desirable.
- It is desirable to have a recognised national or international engineering accreditation (e.g. UK IEng or CEng) where available.
We’re an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global inclusion strategy at careers.rolls-royce.com
To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual has to hold a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance. Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance if the individual does not currently already have this in place.
Due to the nature of work the Business conducts and the protection of certain assets a person has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non ITAR country.
Closing date: 3rd October 2023
19 Sept 2023; 00:09