Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Program Leader connect & interfaces among Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Facilities , Sourcing, Supplier Quality, Product Engineering and Program management teams and focused on product/ manufacturing readiness, execution and delivery.
The Individual will closely work with cross functional team & leverage their knowledge and expertise for successfully executing the various manufacturing programs & Transitions while meeting Quality, Delivery & Cost Targets.
This role is a people Leader role and would be providing Leadership Support through Coaching & Mentoring to Team of Program Managers. Job Description
Roles And Responsibilities
- Manage the complex New Product Introduction (NPI) & Global Transitions for Manufacturing & Supply Chain.
- Must be able to handle multiple programs simultaneously within stringent time constraints.
- Lead all the new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization while developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Planning: Define scope, activities, risks and cost to develop program schedule and plan of action. Reviews the program plans and schedule throughout the course of the program life cycle. Keeps stakeholders up-to-date on plan changes.
- Coordination: Provide continual coordination of program progress to ensure that the plan is working to achieve goals and objectives.
- Execution: Ensure program meets or exceeds plan deliverables and objectives. Keeps the stakeholders up-to-date on execution progress.
- Financial Administration: Oversee administration of program budget, including control and monitoring of related expenditures. Assistance in preparation of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Customer Communication: Communicates directly with the internal/ external customer and regularly updates progress or delays.
Manage customer expectations with effective internal & external customer communications.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
Coordinates all risks and requirements of the project through planning, controlling, integrating all deliverables
- Provides periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to develop cross-functional talent
- Provides expert guidance and support to the product program organization in various technical/functional aspects of engineering, supply chain, and service
- Drive a culture of innovation, operation excellence, accountability, and global collaboration, continual improvement, and customer centricity.
- Meet quality, cost & timelines targets with respect to the manufacturing program
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Equivalent from a reputed college /university with 12-18 years hands on experience.
- Master of Business Administration in Operations, Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- Prior Project/Program Management and/or Operations /Supply Chain Management Experience
- Lean & Six Sigma Knowledge/Implementation Experience
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional team, Demonstrated problem-solving ability and an innovative mind set
- Ability to assure compliance with program goals, policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop contingency plans to address needs and risks.
- Requires independent judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to Maintain a good working relationship with all team members, stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to travel to meet program needs as required.
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
- Demonstrated engineering knowledge, program management, and business planning processes, having experience with the full product lifecycle from concept through end of life
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems likAS9100, NADCAP, ISO & other regulatory standards
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while leading multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing, and quality of outcomes.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
- Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change across the business unit
- Demonstrate forward/futuristic thinking abilities
- Comply with our code of ethics and create safe environment. Above all lead from front by taking right meaningful decisions.
Relocation Assistance Provided: