Job Title: Mechanical Specialist
Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute
Compensation: Up to £44,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52247
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Specialist at HMNB Clyde.
As a Mechanical Specialist, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Day to day, you’ll maintain and support the department through life providing technical expertise in the deployment and recovery of the system.
- Completion of all planned preventative maintenance to ensure the section meets the objectives of the business.
- Dealing with pressure systems
- Identification and rectification of all system defects and alterations to ensure the continued availability and performance of the system.
- Ensure procedure intent, standards and specifications are met whilst progressing work.
- Ensure correct quality documentation is reviewed and called for at commencement and throughout each project activity
Essential experience of the Mechanical Specialist
- Mechanical Engineering experience
- Marine Engineering systems and equipment
- Experience with dealing with pressure testing
- Dive tank water treatment procedures
- Oxygen systems
This role is based full time on site at Clyde - Faslane near Helensburgh.
Qualifications for the Mechanical Specialist
- Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship or equivalent (Essential)
- Mechanical HNC or equivalent (Desirable)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 06/10/2023