Job Title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Flexible + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53529
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Your key focus will be to facilitate delivery and continuous improvement activities throughout our Supply Chain, ensuring timely and effective progress with highest priority / value adding projects identified throughout our Supply Base.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Effectively plan your workload and take ownership for product delivery, by looking ahead at upcoming order books and taking a risk-based approach on where to focus your product delivery activities
- Liaise with Suppliers, Project Managers and Buyers at all levels within our/their business, to ensure schedules are adhered to, risk is mitigated, and expectations are met
- Progressively monitor orders, working in ‘real-time’ through-out the order life cycle, reducing delivery turnaround time and rectifying issues when problems arise (not at a later stage or upon delivery)
- Demonstrate and present data driven improvements in Supplier Adherence to delivery schedules and conformance to our tailored quality requirements
- React quickly and manage priorities, managing the needs of our business and fostering respectful, long-term and constructive relationship with our suppliers
In this hybrid working role, you’ll work 37.5hours per week. You’ll visit our supplier sites across the UK two days per week and work from home three days per week. You’ll also be required to travel within Europe at times.
Essential experience of the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Experience in a Quality Related role – “Product Release Experience”
- Lean and quality methodology awareness
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, procedures and supporting documentation.
- Ability to analyse data and produce trend charts to aid improvement activity.
- Knowledge of workshop protocols.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and report/procedure writing skills
- Work under own initiative with a can-do attitude and a willingness to make change and support across functions
Qualifications for the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject or Engineering based apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Full UK driving licence
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 03/10/2023