Job Title: Senior Detail Planner
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53645
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Detail Planner at our Rosyth site.
As a Senior Detail Planner, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Leading a team to develop a detailed Level 4/5 schedule to operational level aligned to the Level 3 schedule.
Day to day, you’ll manage the process of creation and maintenance of the Bill of Material to the Level 4/5 schedule within the relevant toolset and the provision of a budget to reflect this aligned to the project budget (This should include coverage for non-material tasks), as well as:
- Manage 6-week planning process ensuring viability of the plan in line with the Level 3 schedule and 12 week look-ahead aspiration across a programme/multiple projects
- Manage the Monitor and control of all work in progress using standard reports and KPI’s.
- Timely release and closure of change codes and the highlighting of issues.
- Manage on the timely planning of Emergent/Additional work, so that the work can be progressed in accordance with Project schedules, help with performance management and development of the capability within the planning team (incl succession planning) and manage the liaising with engineering, purchasing, warehousing, production, and others where applicable to ensure compliance to schedules to reduce risk to contracts
This role is full time and based onsite at Rosyth.
Essential experience of the Senior Detail Planner:
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
- A background in a constructive trade would be an advantage
- Production Engineering
- Proficient knowledge/application of ERP toolsets e.g., IFS/SAP
- Practised knowledge of estimating
- Competent Scheduling experience in a relevant toolset
- Competent in MS Office
- Full construction lifecycle experience from manufacturing through to commissioning.
Qualifications for the Senior Detail Planner:
- ONC in a relevant construction trade as a minimum or an engineering qualification
- A professional qualification (e.g., APM/Acoste/RICS) (or equivalent)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 29/09/2023