Job Title: Ordinance Munitions and Explosives Supervisor
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53841
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a OME Supervisor at our RAF Halton site.
As a OME Supervisor you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. The OME Supervisor is responsible along with the Small Arms Supervisor for the administration of the Armoury and Range personnel.
Day to day, you’ll store, issue, and receipt all ammunition and explosives held at RAF Halton and the management of all explosive accounting paperwork and electronic Databases, as well as:
- The Management of the PES logbook including monthly PES logbook checks and liaising with the Babcock Armament Compliance Manager for the quarterly PES logbook checks.
- The management of ammunition / explosive stocks to the authorised scale and against sections Annual Explosives Requirement (AER) within the Explosive Licence limits.
- The Unit Ammunition Management system (UAMS) account holder for RAF Halton with responsibility for all Ammunition demands.
- Initial instigation of all ammunition fault reporting including performance failures and reporting these to the Dangerous Goods Munition Delivery Team (DGM DT) Munitions Incident Database (MID) cell
This role is full time and based onsite at RAF Halton
Essential experience of the OME Supervisor:
- Willing to be trained and attend Service delivered training.
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels.
- IT literate.
- Supervisory experience.
Qualifications for the OME Supervisor:
- We value difference and we don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 25/09/2023