At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
With more than a century of experience, Boeing’s knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defence and space customers has united to form Boeing Global Services (BGS).
This role will reside within the BGS aircraft interior modification integrated project team and will be based in either Frimley, UK or Dublin, Ireland offices.
The core business of the team is managing project workflow for engineering services to modify Customer aircraft and operating supply chain services to provide parts kits for the modifications.
This position would suit candidates with previous experience managing software systems with project and workflow functionality.
Working within the BGS Commercial EASA Modifications Programme Management (PM) team, this role will be will be responsible for the data management and ongoing development of our Smartsheet workflow system. The role will include data manipulation, data analysis and other data related tasks, to provide the business with the required reports, metrics and KPI’s required to manage the business and facilitate ongoing improvement.
This role will require you to engage with multiple stakeholders to ensure a good understanding of the actual status and data related information is aligned. You will have a good understanding of business process flows and what is required to track on time delivery and performance to plan. This will require good attention to detail, methodical mindset and great communication skills, at all levels.
International business travel will occasionally be required for team collaboration, technical meetings and training across our businesses.
This role is a hybrid working position with the expectation of a minimum of 3 days in office.
Responsibilities and Experience:
- You will be responsible for the total management of our Smartsheet workflow management tool in terms of its architecture and its day to day operational support and any required issue resolution. Beyond the day to day management of the tool, you will investigate development opportunities to improve the workflow management tool and reporting functionality.
- You will liaise with other Boeing users of Smartsheet to align operational goals where it makes sense and deliver improvement opportunities.
- Experience with Smartsheet will be distinctly advantageous but familiarity with similar systems will be considered, such as JIRA or Confluence.
- You will be responsible for providing data analytics, generation of reports, metrics and other required KPI’s to inform decision making.
- You will develop and maintain reports and dashboards.
- You will provide reporting of status and KPI’s for Programme Management and Leadership as requested.
- A basic working knowledge of Programme Management principles and engineering workflow would be advantageous.
- You will have a good knowledge of relational databases and data analytic tools. You’ll have good experience using SQL, JMP, Python or similar software. Our primary relational databases of choice are Teradata, Oracle and SQL server.
- Experience using Tableau would be advantageous.
- You will be a proficient user of all MS Office tools, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility in working hours may be required to support team meetings, training and coordination with our international team members.
- Support with other roles within the PM department may be necessary to ensure successful delivery of each of our programmes.
- This role will require occasional travel in support of the work scope, collaboration with colleagues or training & development.
This position would suit someone who has a minimum of 5 years applicable experience as a data analyst and who holds a relevant degree or professional qualification in this domain.Export Control Requirements:
Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.