Job Title: Finisher B-(Painter)
Job ID: IMS20231409-106095
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Schedule: 9/80; On-site
Performs a variety of painting and finishing operations on parts, subassemblies and finished products of the organization. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
- Masks surfaces which are not to be coated, painted, etc.
- Selects and mixes paint to produce desired color/texture
- Uses spray gun to deliver paint to surfaces to be painted.
- Paints areas which are inaccessible to spray gun by hand.
- Maintains spraying equipment in proper working order by keeping equipment clean and in good condition. Reports any condition which may require maintenance or replacement of equipment
- Ability to properly wear and tolerate a face mask respirator
- Responsible for maintaining reasonable and acceptable attendance per guidelines.
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established Ethics Standards
- Responsible for working a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
- Performs job paint operations per blue prints and/or written processing.
- Candidate must have good computer skills and a working knowledge of windows-based programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The position requires the ability to read and understand Engineering drawings as well as manufacturing work instructions.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Sufficient English language skills to be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and complete required production paperwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey ideas/information one-on-one and in small group settings.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- General knowledge of Lean or demand flow manufacturing practices would be helpful.
- Self–motivated and works well with limited supervision.