Job Title: Senior Specialist, Quality Engineering
Job Code: SAS20231909-106230
Job Location: Malabar, FL
L3Harris is looking for a Quality Engineer to join its operations organization in Malabar, Florida.
Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of Quality Engineering and practical knowledge of project management within a AS9100 QMS. Manages complex projects, processes, and a program with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results. Communicates with contacts within and outside of own department and have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization customers and vendors.
The successful candidate will:
- Develops and implement standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements
- Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data
- Investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans
- Becomes a member of the material review board (MRB) activities
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customers, vendors and subcontractors representative to ensure requirements are met
- Conducts program quality cost account management and manages supplier corrective actions
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished units or systems
- Interfaces with customer, manufacturing, engineering, vendor, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met
- Performs As-Built verifications and work with Configuration Management to assist with hardware flow
- Creates and maintains First Article Inspection tasks per AS9102 to contractual requirements
- Leads and mentors’ other quality engineers
- Applies extensive technical knowledge in industry standard quality engineering methods, interpretation of drawing requirements and applicable specifications & standards, and mechanical measurement & analysis
- Ensures that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to assembly and delivery process
- Performs trend analysis of defects
- Audits quality systems and FOD program for deficiency identification and correction
- Investigates problems, identifies root causes of problems in the production process, develops disposition and implements corrective actions for recurring discrepancies using an 8D methodology
- Working Knowledge of Flow Diagrams, APQP, SPC, and PFMA
- Uses Six Sigma & Lean concepts for improvement to the quality management system
- Reviews design plans, process procedures, test procedures, and quality manuals to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the problem
- Ensures that products meet the organizations and customers quality and product integrity requirements
- Supports the product development or operations team by providing analysis and expertise throughout the inspection process
- Assures that customer quality-imposed technical requirements are adhered to by supplier and that a quality system is maintained
- Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects
- Develops quality planning and budget for assigned programs, in addition to develop/reviewing proposals
- Explains, interprets, and gains cooperation on policies, procedures and practices
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.