Innovation in mobile is changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with us. Our customers now expect their holiday experience to be enhanced and simplified through innovative mobile products and services.
We have a well-established mobile team based out of London and Porto, packed with talented and dedicated people who are building and developing mobile technology for our 20 million customers across the world. The core of our focus is on our mobile apps, which have seen millions of downloads and are used by tens of thousands of our customers every day.
On this foundation, we are now seeking a talented individual to join our user experience and design team help create new and inspired design work for our apps, delivering new features and capabilities to help achieve our vision for mobile. Our teams work closely with commercial, technical development teams, business analysts and product owners to create and deliver industry-leading mobile application features for the world’s biggest leisure travel company. This is a fantastic opportunity for a digital product design professional to be part of the mobile transformation of TUI.
Please note the closing date for applications is Sunday 1st October
About The Job
As a UX/UI designer you’ll shape and define the functionality, user experience and visuals for the TUI mobile app to increase customer satisfaction, commercial performance and speed to market.
- CONTRIBUTE TO THE OVERALL UX & DESIGN VISION AND APPROACH
Support the UX design lead to develop, refine and articulate the design vision and approach, along with contributing to an evolving library of design patterns and agreed visual treatments that maximise app effectiveness and fit with wider TUI design guidelines.
- DELIVER OUTSTANDING UX & VISUAL DESIGNS FOR FEATURES IN THE TUI APP
Work with product owners, product managers, marketing team members and app developers to define the UX and UI for new capabilities associated features in the app: research competitors and challengers, run show & tell sessions, take and action feedback, develop prototypes, create customer journey flows and interaction diagrams, arrange lightweight user testing, and ultimately deliver high-quality detailed UI visuals for iOS and Android platforms for development.
- DESIGN FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Work across our operating markets to understand and overcome market-specific design challenges and system constraints, driving design improvements which are scalable and flexible to accommodate a wide-range of languages and user scenarios.
- CREATE FUNCTIONAL PROTOTYPES FOR NEW FEATURES
Build working prototypes for new features so that we can ensure they perform well with customers before implementation.
- WORK EFFECTIVELY CROSS-FUNCTIONALLY
Work with a variety of team members based in our offices in London and Porto, and further across Europe within a wide range of business areas, building strong working relationships. Work closely with team members on a day-to-day basis for feature development and delivery, and ensure all stakeholders are updated appropriately on a regular basis. Contribute to reporting and communications as needed.
- UNDERSTAND AND HELP DRIVE KPI PERFORMANCE
Ensure that all developments and optimisations are aligned to drive performance and have clear performance metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets.
- DEVELOP EXPERT BUSINESS AND MARKET KNOWLEDGE
Develop a good understanding of the wider travel industry, TUI’s business and wider dynamics in each source market, our competitors and new entrants considering business models, products, operations, and digital approaches. Develop a deep understanding of the agreed app areas, their performance and usage as well as any issues or opportunities in each market.
- DEVELOP AND APPLY CUSTOMER INSIGHT
Understand the end-to-end journey for TUI customers in different markets and with different products and channels. Understand TUI’s customer segments and customer behaviors. Understand TUI’s mobile customer experience, what’s good and what could be improved. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs and user experience.
- Create pixel perfect designs with a great attention to detail
- Ability to define detailed user journeys covering complex scenarios
- Solid understanding and prototyping skills in Figma
- An effective communicator who is able to consider a range of input from stakeholder groups
- Exceptional customer focus, able to understand and champion the needs of our customers in every feature
- Good stakeholder management, able to develop trusted working relationships across multiple source markets and functional boundaries,
- Familiarity with UX best practices
- Great design portfolio showcasing examples of visual design work and UX
About Our Offer
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com