Responsible for the general management of business with aircraft manufacturers and military customers.
This includes leading the Sales, Account Management, Contract Management, Customer Service and Program teams to achieve the company budgeted goals for sales revenue, profitability and growth.
Perform business development activities, including providing the external focus to develop strong business relationships with current and prospective aircraft manufacturers and military customers, scouts for bid opportunities, analyze market trends, develops strategies and provides feed back to the operational teams and senior management for military and commercial markets.
•Lead and drive the Sales and Program teams to achieve the company growth goals:
o Research and analyze market and customer trends and needs.
o Develop business development and sales strategies for the respective markets and customers.
o Develop business plans to support the bid/no bid process and contract negotiations.
• Responsible for developing the long-term strategy of each program and leading the Program Management team to achieve company profitability goals.
o Guide Program Managers as they pilot development, entry into service and sustaining programs within the company from program inception through end-of-life activities.
o Develop long term program plans and roadmaps to meet the program profitability objectives.
o Monitor problem solving, drive root cause analysis and recovery plans to meet customer requirements.
o Identify risks and opportunities throughout the program life cycle, ensuring mitigation plans are established and escalated, as required.
o Develop long term forecasts based on customer requirements, contractual requirements, trends and market activity.
o Continuously evaluate the business case and drives continuous improvement initiatives.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with key customers and SAFRAN SAO / Group personnel, ensuring a deep understanding of organizational structures, paradigms and how to achieve the company objectives.
• Empowered Official for all Export Control and Trade Compliance programs within the company, ensures adequate oversight and processes are in-place to meet all regulatory requirements.
• Develop, implement and continuously improve processes to ensure world class Customer Service levels and achieved and maintained, including, forecasting and demand management, daily management, order entry and contract flow-down to all operational departments.
• Responsible for all contract negotiations with the aircraft manufacturers and military customers, ensuring compliance with all legal, ethical and Safran guidelines and standards
• Responsible for leading and mentoring future business leaders within the company, ensuring that we are developing the next generation of senior management.
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Candidate skills & requirements:
• Requires 8+ years of Business Development/Sales and Marketing experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field of study.
• Must possess 5 years of experience in a management position and 5 years of contract/negotiation and customer support experience.
• Prefers 5 years aerospace and bids and proposals experience.
• Prefers a Master's Degree in Business Administration.
• Technical background related to aerospace industry – Advanced
• Strong interpersonal skills – Expert• Program & Project Management – Advanced
• Effective communication skills – Expert
• Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language – Expert
• Strong leadership skills – Expert
• Organizational and coordination skills –Expert
• Customer Service (Customer Service Representatives, Account Management, etc.)
• Contracts Management
• Program Management
• Travel required (approximately 25%)