- Challenge yourself to work in our Workforce Planning team (WFP)
- Together we’ll achieve objectives and goals that optimise our Cabin Crew workforces across three key teams – Resource Planning, Pattern Planning & Rostering, and Allocations
- Permanent full-time role based at our Mascot Campus, Sydney
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for our spirit, mateship, and a can-do attitude.
Our collaborative culture allows us to dream big and deliver successfully, knowing we’re supported by the best people. Together we drive positive business outcomes, taking a considered approach that makes a difference to our customer experience.
Our Workforce Planning teams are firmly focused on delivering optimal workforce planning solutions to ensure Cabin Crew resources match the Network flying demand.
As the Senior Controller Cabin Crew Planning, you will work across all three of the Cabin Crew Planning teams – Resource Planning, Pattern Planning & Rostering, and Allocations. The role will flex between each of the 3 teams to optimise planning processes and support the delivery of key BAU deadlines and strategic project work. The Senior Controller may also be tasked to train new resources, undertake performance analysis and strategic project work.
This role will provide key analytical support, strategic modelling and process improvement and is responsible for supporting teams to identifying business improvements to maximise planning processes. You will analyse & challenge trends in planning data to determine optimal forecasting requirements for future resource deployment and develop and implement tools for analysis and reporting of key issues that supports business improvement as well as dealing with day-to-day operational tasks.
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical based role in planning, finance, logistics, operations or other relevant area
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Planning, Finance, Aviation and Logistics or relevant business experience
- Highly developed strategic, lateral thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills with a high level of analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Superior stakeholder management, business partnering and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to translate detailed data analysis into a presentation format that is simple and easy to understand
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in change management and continuous improvement programs are highly desirable
If you’re successful in your application, you’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- We love to travel: Enjoy discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 14 weeks paid parental leave and additional purchased leave options.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging for everything from motor vehicles to electronic devices.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether its learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Please note applications will only be considered for candidates who have the right to work in Australia/New Zealand without restriction or sponsorship.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
Become a Qantas Frequent Flyer member today and start earning Qantas Points. You could use your points to reward yourself with flight rewards, upgrades, hotels, car hire, and more. Join for free and save A$99.50.