- Challenge yourself to drive the Financial Services partner marketing strategy for Qantas Loyalty
- Opportunity to lead a high performing team of marketing professionals
- 15-month fixed term opportunity based at our Mascot Corporate Campus
Qantas has always been dedicated to going above and beyond for their customers – both in the air, and on the ground. And at Qantas Loyalty, we’re a huge part of that commitment. By taking the time to recognise and reward our members, we build stronger relationships with the people who matter most.
As the Senior Manager Marketing Financial Services, reporting to the Head of Qantas Frequent Flyer Marketing (Commercial Partnerships & Qantas Business Rewards), you will lead a highly skilled professional marketing team of 5-10 people, providing marketing leadership to support key commercial objectives and revenue targets for the Financial Services Partners Portfolio and the broader Loyalty business. You will be accountable for developing and facilitating components of the Financial Services marketing strategy, seeking to drive the acquisition, portfolio and member engagement for a selection of our Financial Services partners. You will develop and maintain influential relationships with stakeholders and partners, build & develop innovative marketing plans, provide sign off ensuring campaigns and collateral reflect a high standard of marketing and are engaging and innovative. You will work closely with internal colleagues including Commercial, Finance, Product, Legal and Media, and external Agency and Banking partners to deliver effective outcomes for our Financial Services portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be able to develop frameworks and processes to ensure ongoing post implementation reviews to determine ROI and make insight-led recommendations for future activity and ensure strategic prioritisation of financial services marketing.
What you’ll bring to the role –
- 10 years + experience leading a team within Financial Services, with thorough knowledge of Financial Services marketing across a broad range of products
- Recent credit card experience required,
- External partner relationship management and extensive experience in dealing with senior management in marketing and business roles including understanding of business strategies and applying them to marketing
- Exceptional stakeholder management and negotiation skills, with an adaptable communication style
- Proven people development and workforce planning skills
- Extensive direct marketing, and media performance experience in a corporate or agency environment across acquisition and retention campaigns,
- Strong understanding of campaign reporting and analysis techniques, including ROI measurement, to optimise future campaign performance, and ability to determine targeted campaign segmentation
- Marketing leadership and expertise and with a deep understanding of the Commercial, Financial and Strategic objectives of the business
- Develop and execute business and marketing plans for assigned product/brands, including pricing strategies, sales plans and implementation strategies
- Ability to critically review and provide marketing input into commercial contracts
- Knowledge of CRM campaign management systems and previous ownership for digital end to end campaigns. Experience in using email build and delivery systems is preferable.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to disrupt and deliver at speed
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the business
- Experience with dealing with Legal and in understanding and applying legal constraints
- Proven ability for budgetary compliance and profit volume
- Ability to collaborate with various business functions on the design, distribution and product specifications/changes as needed. Share learnings and best practice with other marketing counterparts to build knowledge amongst the wider marketing teams
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully. There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel:
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 18 weeks paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional paid leave for eligible employees.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story - apply today!
Applications Close: 3rd October 2023
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. By coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.