Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Finance Strategic Capabilities Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.Accountant Senior – Accounts Payable Supervisor
What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Independently supervise and train Accounts Payable staff.
- Monitor Accounts Payable department workload.
- Gather and report metrics on a regular basis.
- Review supplier statements and follow-up with A/P staff, Supplier and/or Supply Chain Management staff to ensure timely resolution of outstanding balances.
- Cash disbursements to Suppliers (EFT, Check and Wire Transfers).
- Bank account monitoring and management.
- Review and approve petty cash reimbursement requests.
- Coordinate, manage and support audit requests from internal and external auditors.
- Review sales/use tax for accuracy.
- Obtain, review, and retain W-9, W-8BEN forms.
- Supplier Tax ID verification on IRS website.
- Ensure accuracy of TIN in supplier master database.
- Yearly 1099 Preparation, mailing and IRS reporting.
- Review voucher correction requests and coordinate the corrections between several departments (AP, Buyer, and Inventory).
- Prepare monthly journal entries & general ledger account reconciliations.
- Reconcile payables and prepare other miscellaneous monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Lead in testing software upgrades.
- Document or update AP desktop procedures and training materials as needed.
- Ensure company policy and procedure compliance, as well as other regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and conduct yearly employee performance reviews.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
On-Site Work Environment:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 4 years or more of Accounts Payable supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Report writing and report preparation skills and experience.
- Experience working with major integrated ERP system.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and able to lead group discussions.
- Solid organizational ability.
- Proactive, self-starter, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Solid technical skills and understanding of system and subsystem interfaces.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure.
- In depth knowledge of sales/use tax
- Fully competent in the administrative areas and able to plan and contribute to departmental goals.
- Have the advanced concepts, techniques, and standards to effectively provide leadership within and outside the department and with outside contacts or suppliers, sees the big picture and initiates actions wherever needed that are not clearly defined, and able to influence department activities.
- Ability to work under consultative direction toward short/long-range goals and objectives, assignments are often self-initiated, and at times, virtually self-supervisory.
- Solid analytical skills to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity and creativity as challenges are frequently unique, and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Experience with the following systems:
- Deltek Costpoint
- Hyland OnBase
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Business Objects
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site three or more days
each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Relocation for this position is not available.Compensation & Benefits
Us Citizenship Is Required
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $94,500 - $115,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.