SITA FOR AIRCRAFT – Sales Operations Manager
Ready to redefine air travel? The journey starts here, with you at SITA.
As a Sales Operations Manager, you will be instrumental in optimizing sales processes, ensuring compliance, fostering efficiency, enabling strategic planning, and facilitating coordination among various departments, contributing significantly to the overall success and growth of the SITA for Aircraft organization, for a greener and more sustainable aviation industry.Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Bid, Pricing and Performance management team, the Sales Operations Manager is overall responsible for the following key activities:
- Sales operations management
- Sales planning, forecasting, and reporting.
- Sales effectiveness monitoring
- Sales Tools development & Data integrity.
- Business performance metrics reporting and monitoring.
You will interact with various functions within SITA in particular Sales, Sales Operations IS, Product, Engineering and other teams located in 20+ countries (incl. Canada, United-States, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Czech Republic). Ready to redefine air travel? The journey starts here, with you at SITA.
What You Will Do
Sales Operations Management
Sales Planning, Forecasting, And Reporting
- Define, implement, maintain, and continually improve policies, processes, and methodologies governing sales cycles, from prospecting to contract finalization.
- Ensure adoption and adherence to methods, tools, and processes.
Sales Effectiveness Monitoring
- Collaborate with the leadership team in establishing clear and measurable sales targets aligned with the organization's overall objectives.
- Model & predict future sales performance based on historical data, sales trends, GEO market inputs. Continually improve forecasting models accuracy.
- Develop visual dashboards or reports that provide a comprehensive view of sales performance and trends for easy interpretation.
- Track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) such as revenue, sales conversion rates, customer acquisition cost, Price x Quantity evolution, etc
Sales Tools Development And Data Integrity
- Build and maintain reporting capabilities for pipeline performance and sales cycle dynamics.
- Analyze data to derive actionable insights, identifying areas for improvement, and supporting data-driven decision making.
Business Performance Monitoring
- Develop, manage, and customize CRM tool, Salesforces, to meet sales team needs, working jointly central IS teams for development and improvement.
- Develop, manage and maintain pre-sales supporting tools such as opportunities assessment forms and complex business cases financial models.
- Ensure consistency in tool usage for standardized procedures, reporting, and implementation.
- Maintain integrity and update databases for customer information, opportunities, and plans.
- Develop effective data management processes and oversee data cleaning programs.
- Support wider performance management activities by coordinating the collection and reporting of performance scorecards to drive insights and strategic decisions.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or economics.
- 4-6 years’ experience in sales operations role, in a complex and international sales environment, involving knowledge of sales processes, methodologies, and tools used in managing and forecasting sales activities.
- Experience in the Aviation, Air Travel Industry, Transportation Services, or IT/Telecommunications is a plus.
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM systems is crucial for designing and optimizing the system to meet the needs of the sales team.
- Advanced analytical skills for monitoring sales KPIs and generating data-driven reports to support decision making in a global sales environment.
- Strong business acumen, proven experience in analyzing business cases, financials, developing KPIs and performance metrics, and tracking sales performance.
- Proven expertise in building complex financial and forecasting models in MS Excel.
- Proficient in creating Power BI dashboards, extracting data, analyzing, and advising on solutions.
- Project management experience in sales planning, forecasting, and tool development.
- Experience in designing and conducting training programs related to Salesforce processes.
- Ability to ensure compliance with sales processes, Salesforce guidelines, and provide training as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for engaging with all organizational levels, including senior leadership.
- Ability to promote collaboration through cross-functional communication and teamwork to optimize processes and achieve collective goals.
- Ability to challenge the status quo by proactively exploring new tools and methodologies for enhanced sales efficiency.
- Ability to embrace change, adapt quickly, and advocate for flexibility and continuous improvement.
WELCOME TO SITA
- Basic understanding of financial principles, pricing, and budget management.
- Salesforce Certifications
- Microsoft Excel Certifications such as MOS Excel Expert or above, MC Data Analyst Associate.
SITA is the leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry, we apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Immerse yourself in the dynamic world of technology while embracing our collaborative, and inclusive culture.
The SITA FOR AIRCRAFT Business Unit Makes Flight Operations, Air Traffic Management And Aircraft Maintenance More Sustainable And Efficient By Enabling Collaboration Between People And Organizations In The Air Transport Industry Through
What We Offer
- Communication – connecting aircraft and people around the world.
- Data & Platform - Turning aircraft data into valuable insight for the entire industry.
- Applications – Empowering the industry with user-friendly tools that make flight operations more sustainable and efficient.
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity, many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce. We collaborate in our impressive offices, embracing a hybrid work format. As part of our global benefits, we offer:
Work from home up to 2 days/week (depending on your Team's needs).
You may wish to flex your arrival time at the office, to beat the rush hours or you may want to leave the office earlier to pick up your kids from school or to go to your favorite game: We support you in being open about your needs and routine with you manager.
Benefit for 30 working days from anywhere around the world each year!
🙌🏽 Competitive benefits
according to the local market
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.