Role IntroductionReports to:
In order to become one of the world’s greatest service brands, service excellence is at the heart of our core brand value proposition. Hosts play a crucial role at the lounge by demonstrating to our customers the 3 key brand values of ‘Thoughtful’, ‘Progressive’ & ‘Can-do Spirit’, making all the moments of truth memorable by understanding the voice of our customers and ensuring top-notch lounge experience.
- Deliver excellent customer service for customers in accordance to company and legal standards relating to service, food safety, health and safety.
- Be present in the lounge, and engage customers with warmth and professionalism.
- Support Supervisor to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Deliver start of shift duties such as stocking service counters, ensuring lounge seating area cleanliness.
- During the shift, responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Greet customers, provide a warm welcome and seat customers according to their preference.
- Present menus, demonstrate a complete understanding of food and beverages items and make recommendation upon requests or needs.
- See to it that customers are seated comfortably and there is Server present to take their order.
- Acknowledge orders and, where necessary, serve food and beverages.
- Ensure customer needs are met or exceeded, check their satisfaction during their stay, and report customer feedback/ take remedial action where necessary.
- Engage customers when possible, enquire whether they have enjoyed the food and service.
- Bid farewell to customers in a genuine and professional manner.
- Address basic airport or Cathay Pacific flight-related questions from customers, as required. Attend to customer requests and/ or refer as appropriate.
- Liaise with, and assist the rest of the lounge team, as required.
- Through proper coaching training, act as a coach to new joiners during their on-job-training and impart operational knowledge, customer insights and company and legal standards.
- Interact with customers, anticipate their needs and work with Supervisor, Lounge Service Delivery Manager and Premium Service Team to deliver special lounge experiences to all high value customers.
- Keep up to date on the latest regulatory and service requirements, ensuring alignment of policies and procedures with operational standards
- Right to work in Hong Kong
- Minimum age of 18
- F.5 or Diploma in Hospitality / F&B or related disciplines is an advantage.
- Relevant working experience in catering hospitality, fine dining, and sizeable luxury hotel or in similar capacity is an advantage.
- Work experience at lounge / airport is desirable.
- Standard of spoken/ written English and Cantonese. Mandarin is an advantage.
- Customer oriented, energetic with helpful and outgoing personality.
- Keen to develop a career in Food & Beverage industry.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, attention to detail, great team work, ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to work in different working hours, able to work overtime in case of flights delay.
Join now and be eligible to get a New Joiner Incentive of HK$ 12,000*
- Being part of a world-class service brand to be proud of
- World-class training and structured career progression path
- A safe and collaborative working environment which embraces a diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive medical coverage & insurance scheme for you and your dependents
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Discounted travel across many airlines for you and your family
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
- Terms and Conditions Apply.