A current, active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.Systems Administrator Principal - Linux
We are seeking a Linux (RedHat/CentOS) Systems Administrator Principal that will be expected to Lead efforts to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and solid technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Perform as a senior Interface with end-customers, security, and management teams for: maintaining production systems, resolving issues with services and physical systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Linux-based workstations and servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Support acquisition and processing systems and applications.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Lead establishing and adhering to standard processes and documentation.
- Maintain security posture through device and firmware upgrades of network components.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
On-Site Work Environment:
- Related Bachelor’s and 12 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 18 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph required.
- DoD 8570 IAT-2 certification is required (SEC+, CCNA-Security, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, CISSA, CASP, GSIH or GCED)
- VMWare, Bash scripting, Docker and Kubernetes skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Experience installing, configuring, upgrading, and migrating Linux servers.
- Experience should include planning, configuring, maintaining, patching, and monitoring Linux applications.
- Expertise with Linux-based server class and workstation hardware.
- Experience with STE/STN tools (i.e., LATTEART and NESSUS) is desired.
- Experience with VMware virtualization products is desired.
- Experience with NetApp is desired.
- Excellent documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Experience with specialized network environments (air gapped, limited access) is desired.
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site five days
each normally scheduled week in the primary work location. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.Compensation & Benefits
Us Citizenship Is Required
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $130,180 - $171,166 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.