Job Title: Strategic Project Procurement Specialist
Location: Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: £46,589 – £56,906 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52542
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Strategic Project Procurement Specialist at our Bristol site.
As a Strategic Project Procurement Specialist, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Working with a variety of departments within the business, you will be responsible for managing key areas of spend within a wider construction framework, alongside managing a series of high value, complex individual contracts.
Day to day, you’ll be involved in bringing new ideas into the business from the supply chain and challenging internal stakeholders, customers, and practices to enable a transformative approach to delivery of procurement activities and project delivery:
- Deliver supply chain expertise into future Submarine maintenance project planning activities.
- Providing key supply chain knowledge and insight to the programmes.
- Negotiate and managing subcontractors relationships.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver project procurement activities, in support of contract delivery.
This role is a full-time position that is contracted at 36 hours a week and will be based at our Bristol site; the current expectation, is to be in the office generally, three days a week.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential Experience of the Strategic Project Procurement Specialist:
- Proven ability to negotiate with and manage subcontractors, including excellent supplier relationship management.
- A highly experienced procurement / commercial practitioner with a clear understanding of terms & conditions and comfortable with negotiating changes to them.
- Demonstratable experience in effectively leading, complex sub-contracts.
- Ability to collaborate across organisational boundaries to achieve a common goal.
- A great influencer, demonstrable experience of leading change initiatives.
Qualifications for the Strategic Project Procurement Specialist:
- Ideally, you’ll have or be working towards MCIPS.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 14/02/2024