Location: DFW Headquarters Building 7 (DFW-SV07)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 70615
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
Microsoft, Apple, AT&T, Dell, Amazon Web Services, Google, and more …. Does the thought of negotiating and building partnerships with such companies motivate you to launch or expand your career in procurement and vendor management? How about sitting across the table with cybersecurity companies who would be preventing the next ransomware attack? If the answer is yes, then your search stops here with American Airlines! We fly people and cargo, and the foundation of our business is robust Information Technology systems that help make reservations and traveling secure and seamless.
The IT Vendor Management team is part of American Airlines IT organization and delivers cutting edge technology solutions to IT stakeholders and their business partners. Software, hardware, telecom, software-as-a-service, consulting and professional services – we procure and manage vendor relationships across a wide spectrum.
What you'll do
A newly hired Specialist/Senior Specialist would either manage one or more of the large enterprise vendors or several of the above IT commodities across one or more of IT departments like Cybersecurity, Sales, Reservations, Marketing, Airport Ops, Tech Ops, Crew, Mobility, Telecom, Employee and HR, Finance and Accounting, Cargo and Customer Experience. The IT landscape changes fast, and we are looking for enthusiastic professionals who can keep pace with changing technology and deliver the best deal to their internal customers. A Specialist/Senior Specialist:
- Understands business needs/requirements and strives to foster strong working relationships and open communication
- Evaluates internal customer requirements
- Manages proposal requests
- Assists in vendor selection
- Analyzes market pricing
- Leads contract negotiations
- Resolves vendor billing disputes
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Computer Science, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines
- 3 years of experience in business commitment negotiations
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Business Administration, Finance or related disciplines
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 3 years of experience in technology contract management and corporate purchasing
- Airline industry experience, including business process and supporting technology
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Possess superior organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Familiarity with IT systems and solutions
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
- Proficiency in MS Word
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 70615