The Director of Business Development focuses on developing key accounts within defense markets, particularly major US Defense Prime Contractors, Department of Defense Agencies, and Services. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of Leonardo's core competencies, technologies, and products to effectively communicate these offerings to customers. Utilizing extensive experience and judgment, this role involves devising business plans, meeting sales objectives, and ensuring customer satisfaction through direct engagement with engineering, production, and business personnel.Duties:
- Identify and cultivate strategic partnerships within the industry, focusing on collaborations with target accounts.
- Collaborate with partners to align strategies and offerings with the specific needs of major US Defense Prime Contractors, Department of Defense Agencies, and Services.
- Conduct comprehensive market research and analysis to identify opportunities and trends within the defense sector, specifically focusing on Directed Energy High Energy Laser opportunities.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning by developing and analyzing sales data and market reports.
- Support the entire sales process, from identification to delivery, utilizing established business winning processes and procedures.
- Support and inform development of collateral and marketing materials specifically tailored to relevant defense applications.
- Meet established sales targets for products and services in alignment with overall sales plans within the specified defense segments.
- Prepare and deliver persuasive sales proposals and quotations customized for target customers and opportunities.
- Travel domestically and internationally to attend meetings and events relevant to major US Defense Prime Contractors, Department of Defense Agencies, and Services within the defense sector.
- Contribute to the development of market strategies and goals.
- Cultivate and maintain positive professional relationships with key personnel in target accounts.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with internal staff
The ideal candidate will possess 10+ years of experience in technical sales, particularly in laser technology for defense applications. Bachelor’s degree in engineering and / or business administration; an advanced degree (MBA, MS) is beneficial. Exceptional communication skills and acute attention to detail. Proven proficiency identifying defense industry trends, needs and funding sources.Leonardo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
[NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.]
Here are the hiring process steps and what you can expect from us:
Step 1: Application Review:
Upon submitting your application, it is made available to the recruitment team to review and ensure you meet the basic qualifications.
Step 2: Interview:
If you have been identified to move forward in the process, you may be invited to participate in a one-on-one or panel interview. The interview format can be a phone call, in-person, or virtual meeting.
Step 3: Offer:
If you reach this stage of the interview process, congratulations! You will be provided an offer to join the Leonardo Electronics US Inc. team. The offer will include details about your salary, benefits package and start date.