Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is looking for a tech-savvy, data driven Manager, IT Budget Performance to oversee the Operational Digital Technology Portfolio. Reporting to the Director, Delivery and Performance, the role focuses on overseeing the day-to-day adherence to departmental budget, highlighting strategic opportunities to the leadership team.
This role plays a pivotal role in all IT Operations Digital Technology activities including evaluating system performance and outcomes. The successful candidate needs to be a problem solver, strategic thinker, and an expert in IT operational and financial analysis. The incumbent needs to have strong analytical and communication skills to identify opportunities to streamline and improve processes, ensure timely and on budget delivery of Operational Digital Technology domain.
This position reports to the Director, Delivery and Performance.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the financial tracking and control within the Operations Digital Technology domain.
- Identifies emerging risks and opportunities in overall budget, within the domain, and takes proactive measures to mitigate them, providing insights and recommendations to management.
- Proactively engages with the IT Enterprise Services team and or the Finance Branch, to ensure that all reporting (budget, financial outlooks, portfolio, etc) is delivered on time, and in line with corporate Finance timelines.
- Work closely with all functions such as other Digital Domains, IT Enterprise Services team, Corporate Finance, HR, to ensure successful delivery of projects financials.
- Provides the Project Delivery team with tools to optimize the management and tracking of project budgets.
- Collaborates with IT Enterprise Services team or Corporate Finance in support of project and program audits.
- Ensures clear impacts of all decisions on budget and ownership are communicated and actioned.
- Implement controls to oversee vendor invoice payable activities for accuracy and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained prior to payments.
- Supports corporate finance with the creation, implementation, and reviews of Operations Digital Technology budget strategy, driving adjustments to ensure alignment to IT and corporate strategic goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with IT Enterprise Services and other Digital Domain Delivery and Performance teams, designs and implements key performance indicators (KPIs) & metrics to track financial health of projects.
- Performs financial modeling; what-if scenarios; forecasting; analysis and trends; benchmarking.
- Provides guidance to domain budget owners to ensure domain budget targets are met.
- A university degree in business, finance, economics or other relevant discipline. Master’s degree is an asset.
- 5+ years’ experience in Business analysis, project management or related field in a large organization.
- Technical Business Management or FinOps certification an asset.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to synthesize information and create executive level reports, presentations and communications tailored to different audiences.
- High proficiency in MS Office 365 Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.); especially excel expertise.
- Self-motivated and independent worker.
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with stakeholders at different levels in the organization.
- Ability to guide, influence and give functional direction to others.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.