Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Contact Centres – Day of Operations, reports directly to the Manager, Contact Centre Operations and will oversee the day-to-day Contact Center YUL operation, ensuring that key performance indicators and service level agreements are met or exceeded. You will lead a team of Customer Service Managers to drive operational efficiency and continuously monitor and improve operational processes.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team environment. Provide recognition and deliver constructive feedback in a manner that fosters motivation and empowerment. Celebrate success with employees by recognizing great individual and team effort and take time to thank them.
- Champion a customer-centric approach, ensure that customer inquiries, escalations and concerns are resolved promptly and effectively.
- Support the operations during Irregular Operations
- Oversee employee scheduling and workforce requirements.
- Monitor and reduce average handling time (AHT) without compromising service quality by providing agents with call flows and time-saving tools.
- Improve First-Call Resolution (FCR) by supporting and coaching agents and addressing negative behavior.
- Support the launch of new products and services by communicating the rationale and benefits to the team.
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee Meetings.
- Lead and inspire, create a motivated, engaged, and cohesive team of managers and agents.
- Coach the team metrics to achieve and exceed productivity and service objectives.
- Retain and develop the best employees to ensure excellence.
- Implement the performance management cycle including coaching, mentoring and termination.
- Work closely with the branch shared service and corporate support services to implement and support the recruitment, training, induction, and coaching strategy within the Contact Centre and taking responsibility for the ongoing development of all team members.\
- Build productive relationships with the local District Chair.
- As needed, manage employees through the progressive discipline process.
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a Contact Centre management role.
- Positive, enduring, and empathetic attitude towards work, customers, and employees.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and move multiple projects along to completion.
- Ability to multi-task, never sacrificing quality.
- Proven customer orientation and ability to work with various customer levels (internal/external)
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion.
- Exposure to customer service/recovery operations within the airline, Travel Agency or Tour Operator environment would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written including presentations)
- Some limited travel is required.
- Sound knowledge and proficiency of computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required) with Teams, Total View, Altea Suite, other GDS and Dynamics 365 (asset)
- Knowledge or exposure to Air Canada’s products and customer value propositions would be an asset.
- Bilingual: English and French.
- This position is in office with very little capability for working from home. They will be working in a call center enviroment
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.