Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Employee Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of effective communication strategies and products, including for senior executives, to ensure employee understanding and acceptance of corporate initiatives and foster culture change.
- This position may be located in Montreal and/or Toronto.
- Supporting the CIO and other IT leaders on communication best practices, techniques, and skills. You will use your expertise and experience in communication to help them develop their communication vision, style, and presence, as well as to address any communication challenges or opportunities they may face.
- Measuring and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of communication activities and initiatives and providing feedback and recommendations for improvement
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the IT leadership team, the CIO, and other key stakeholders across the organization
- Maintain strong and collaborative working relationship with all Branch communicators to ensure consistency in messaging and tone, quality and timely exchange of information.
- Take an innovative approach to content creation and storytelling; writing, editing, and overseeing the production of various communication materials, such as newsletters, intranet articles, presentations, videos, podcasts, webinars, and social media posts
- Provide direction and manage strategic content development and logistics of branch presentations and communications activities such as town halls.
- Manage presence and communications content on intranet.
- Ensure that the IT branch is well-represented in all Corporate Employee Communications channels (Horizons, the Daily, Viva Engage, Aeronet, AC Life)
- Outstanding English writing and editing skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Canadian Press editorial standards
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
- Highly developed social media skills, experience and comfort level with other digital and electronic mediums such as webinars, live chats, video etc.
- Must be very comfortable working with/providing guidance and feedback to senior executives.
- Must work well under pressure
- Highly motivated, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, team player
- Knowledge of Word and PowerPoint, and all forms of electronic communication, including digital and social media.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.