There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
Our Marketing and Loyalty team is the strategic force behind United’s industry-leading brand and experience, supporting revenue growth by turning customers into lifelong United flyers. Our marketing communications, market research and brand teams drive travelers’ familiarity and engagement with the United brand. Our product, design and service teams bring the signature United brand to life in our clubs and onboard our aircraft, ensuring a seamless, premier experience. And when customers choose United again and again, that’s because the loyalty team has been hard at work crafting an award-winning program. Our loyalty team manages United MileagePlus®, building travel and lifestyle partnerships that customers can engage with every day, and works with our Star Alliance partners to ensure United can take you anywhere you want to go.Key Responsibilities
The Specialist, Marketing Strategy is responsible for the development and delivery of best-in-class, personalized marketing campaigns and promotions which drive incremental revenue, customer engagement and loyalty program growth and engagement. The Specialist is responsible for writing marketing creative briefs and managing omnichannel marketing campaigns from strategy through execution and performance reporting. They use data and takeaways from past campaigns to make strategic decisions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent skills in communications and project management, and possess a strong commitment to quality. This role calls for someone who can create solutions and thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
- Writes creative briefs, plans and implements marketing campaigns via email, paid social, united.com, app, airport and onboard channels in an efficient and effective manner
- Collaborates with cross-functional internal teams and business partners (Creative, Marketing Operations, UX, Technology, Airport Operations, Customer Experience, Loyalty and more) and external vendors to develop and launch best-in-class marketing campaigns,
- Regularly communicates the status of in-progress campaigns and performance of in-market campaigns with collaborators
- Uses data to ensure campaigns are effectively personalized to deliver the most customer and business value, and incorporates findings into future campaigns
- Thinks strategically with the customer’s experience in mind
NOTE: This is a Chicago-based, hybrid positionQualifications
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!What’s Needed To Succeed (Minimum Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to collaborate with and influence wide range of partners and team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Developing analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business environment and priorities
- Ability to grow as a subject matter expert
- Proven solutions-oriented approach and innovative problem solver
- Legal authorization to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship is required
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is a crucial function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Marketing, Communications, general business
- Experience working in large corporate or agency environment
- Marketing, B2C communications and/or advertising agency experience for major global brands, clients or enterprises
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT WHQ00023324