Job Title: Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager – Training Support
Location: South East England + Hybrid Working Arrangements
Compensation: Up to £65,000, Car Allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55157
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager at one of our sites across the South East of England.
As a Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. The Procurement and Supply Chain (P&SC) function is currently undergoing a transformation which will enable the successful candidate to become part of, and shape, a ‘best in class’ function. At Babcock, everything we do for our customers involves an element of supply chain management. Therefore, our suppliers play a critical role in enabling us to fulfil our commitments and live up to our purpose: ‘Create a safe and secure world, together’.
Day to day, the Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager will lead a small team who deliver high-quality Procurement and Supply Chain support across a number of contracts, delivering training support for our military customer. Our Training Support business ensures that our customers have the right built environment, IT infrastructure, courseware, support services and people in place to deliver outputs to a realistic lived experience to their soldiers and future personnel. This is a hands-on operational role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a small team to deliver Procurement and Supply Chain support across multiple military training support contracts
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports and other team members to foster a high-performance culture
- Active member of the operational senior leadership teams, ensuring that Procurement & Supply Chain matters are represented at the right level
- Ownership of key supply chain projects to improve the support and value that the P&SC deliver
- Early engagement with stakeholders to review specifications and develop robust / innovative procurement strategies which outline market conditions, cost and value levers
- Detailed market scanning and analysis to identify suitable supply chain partners
This role is full time, 37-hours per week, based on site 2/3 days a week at either our Chatham or Surrey sites with flexible hybrid working from home arrangements (where appropriate) and occasional travel to operational sites in the South West and Wales when necessary.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Experience of the Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager:
- Extensive experience in procurement and supply chain, from sourcing to contract placement
- Experience leading teams
- Previous experience with contracts, such as Commercial or Contract Management role, or placing contracts with suppliers
- Previous experience within a construction or facilities management procurement environment - desirable
- Extensive stakeholder management experience
Qualifications for the Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
We value difference and don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.